Are there dinosaurs in every country?

As I understand it, dinosaur fossils have been found on every continent, including Antarctica. But have they been found within the borders of every modern-day country (excluding microstates like the Vatican)? If not, which countries haven’t uncovered any dinosaurs, and why? (That is, is it just a question of no paleontologists having worked there yet, or are there geological or other reasons for why there couldn’t have been any dinosaurs living there in the distant past?)

Iceland I don’t think has any but didn’t coexist with dinosaurs.

Play with this map, it is all kinds of fun. Filter it down to Dinosauria.

There appears to be some countries with no finds reported.

I was just about to post about Iceland. The rocks of Iceland only emerged after 18 million years ago, so the country was formed too late to include any dinosaurs. The island of Java also seems to be entirely post-dinosaur in origin, but Java is only a segment of the country of Indonesia.

I was thinking Iceland as well. The Philippines comes to mind - any island nation whose geography did not exist prior to 65mya would not have any dinosaur remains.

I was going to say Norway qualifies, if one excludes Svalbard, but apparently they’ve found some crushed bones while drilling in the North sea, so you’d have to exclude the continental shelf as well. Plateosaurus dinosaur

I don’t think there are dinosaurs in Kuwait. I recall that when I visited the Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry in Utah* that they bragged about all the countries where allosaur skeletons had been sent. The museum in Kuwait was one of these. I thought at the time that it was nice for us to be sending a dinosaur skeleton after they sent all the oil. It seemed an equitable trade. and they probably didn’t have any dinosaurs of their own.

A quick internet search reveals no credible claims of dinosaur fossils in Kuwait, and there are finds on the Arabian peninsula. But Kuwait is pretty small. I’ll bet Aby Dhabi and the UAE don’t have any, either.

*The world’s greatest source of Allosaurus skeletons, among others. It’s thought that it was a prehistoric mudhole that trapped large herbivores and then caught the predators that came to eat the trapped beasts, much as the La Brea tar pits trapped predators and prey.

I take it we’re not counting the ubiquitous modern dinosaurs?

Well the OP specifies “fossils” and refers to countries not having “uncovered any dinosaurs”, so I think even “I found some sparrows under this bush” are out.

You can add a bunch of Pacific island states to the list as well.

But Iceland could have fossils that are less than 18 million years old, like a Great Auk or something

They do in fact. But I’m pretty sure the Op was talking about ancient dinosaurs, not birds. (avian dinos)

AIUI, the Himalayas were under the Tethys Ocean when the meteor hit. Nepal and Tibet have lots of fossil sea creatures, but no dinos.

“Fossils” means remains that have undergone certain transformations, not just old bones found in the ground. I don’t think Iceland has any of those either. (But I’m not a paleontologist.)

According to this Fossils of Iceland there are some fossils, but no dinosaurs (or birds) are mentioned.

Yes, I’m using the term “dinosaur” in the colloquial, non-cladistic sense.

Chevron begs to differ,

Your link actually does mention some birds:

Little of terrestrial remains have been discovered since last glaciation. However, a molar from a polar bear was found in about 13,000 years old sedimentary strata at Röndin near Kópasker. Footprints by an aquatic bird have been found at Ellidaár river near Reykjavik and a bone from a common eider in marine sedimentary strata in Melabakkar in Melasveit.

Must be true for the Alps region too, mustn’t it? Though there is no single country that lies completely in the Alps, with Switzerland mabye the closest. But I’m sure there have been dino fossils found in other Swiss regions. Heck, the Jura mountains are in Switzerland.

Too late to edit: I just thought of a state that lies completely in the Alps: Liechtenstein. But the OP excluded dwarf states, so it doesn’t count. Same with Andorra, another state that lies in mountains that were formed by tectonic activity that happened later than dinos, at least I suppose so.

A quick Google search says that the alps were formed 770 million years ago. They are certainly old enough for dino fossils.