Are there more active members now?

There’s no point to this beyond my dumb curiosity, but has anyone noticed if there was a significant jump in active members since the hack? I’ve seen a number of posts in the last week from old members who came back only to change their passwords. I never really pay attention, but I seem to remember an active member count in the 6000s recently, and it was 7,067 as of a few minutes ago.

And if the numbers are increasing, should we be doing something with our new power, like planning a hostile takeover of some other board?

Maybe the active members could just post in this thread and we could count them up right here. I consider myself active, even if I only post a few times a week, on average.

Hey, Lurkers, here’s you chance!

Nah

It’s jumped by just over 1000 since the end of the year.

That was as of Jan 8. The hacking email went out on Jan 7. As of today, Jan 13, the board has 156,107 members of whom 7,071 are active. So we gained 124 members (wow) and 245 active members since day 2 of the crisis/catastrophe/brouhaha. Netting out the new members it seems that 121 old members have dropped by, including manhattan. That’s less than 1/10th of one percent of the membership. Admittedly, I didn’t get a snapshot from before the announcement. (IIRC, it was something like 5800 - so maybe 1000 showed up early on? That seems high.)

At any rate, all discussion here of the Great Hack of 2014 involves those whom are highly unrepresentative of the underlying stolen database.

Once you’re in your 50s, your member gets less active. :frowning: