Are They Shot Out of the Mouths of Dogs When They Bark, Though?

Bees trained to detect bombs.

So, are they going to have bomb sniffing dogs with bomb sniffing bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at the bombs?

You’re kidding, right?

They train the bees to equate explosive vapors as food. Then, when they tell the other bees about it, and they all go looking for said food, their actions show where the explosives are. Basically.

I saw a cool thing about some plant that they’ve bred to turn from green to red when it is planted above land mines. Neato.

This looks like a job for the Red Bee!Wishing to do more to combat crimals who could otherwise evade justice, Assistant District Attorney Rick Raleigh created the costumed identity of the Red Bee.

The Red Bee is a superb athlete, and has no superpowers except for an uncanny ability to train/control bees. The Bee’s costume consists of a red mask, red and yellow striped tights, a red shirt with long flesh colored sleeves, and red wristbands. The Red Bee’s golden age adventures last until Hit Comics #24.

Sadly, the Red Bee was later killed by Baron Biltzkreig.

He paraphrased a Simpsons quote.

Since explosive compounds crystalize out of animal waste sites, will they swarm to the waste holding areas?

Which, considering the dietary habits of many dogs, may as well be the mouth. Q.E.D.

What was the original, please?

I believe the actual quote is:

“Go ahead, unleash the bomb-sniffing dogs, or the bomb-sniffing bees, or the bomb-sniffing dogs with bomb-sniffing bees in their noses and when they sniff they shoot bees at you.”

Personally, I’m waiting for the bomb-sniffing robotic Richard Simmons.

D’oh, gigi’s post wasn’t there before. The original is (IIRC):

Go ahead, unleash the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you.

I think I know where those bees came from.

I thought it was:

“What are you going to do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the gos with bees in their mouths so that when they bark, they shoot bees at you?”

Release the gos!

Dogs that bark and shoot bees at you was also my first thought when I heard about this a couple of days ago. It’s a Good Thing.

What a great idea! I’ve always heard that bombs are much easier to defuse if they’re first Covered In Bees.

:stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness i love this whole idea. I knew one of the guys who developed the training programme (he lectured at my uni) and the results seem to be so much better than using dogs. Actually they reckon that dogs have only a 50/50 chance of being right! Bees clearly have more brains than spaniels. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the guy planting the plant will find out if there is a landmine buried there when he hits it with his trowel dink! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, when bees get tired, they quit flyin around lookin for food. When a dog gets fatigued, it can still look like it’s sniffing around, but its sences are diminished.

From a similar article:

I kid you not, one day this summer I am outside smoking a quiet joint when this bee comes along and lands on it.

After taking a couple of sniffs the bee takes off and, somewhat unsteadily I have to say, disappears in the general direction of the nearest police station.

Bastard.