Are you an e-bore?

35% - and I am a programmer for a major chip manufacturer.

But I am a mainframe COBOL programmer, and if the internet connection is down, I get more work done, not less. And I don’t own a PDA.

30%.

65%, but I’m not boring.

Looks like 55%.

Sounds about right; e-boring enough to weed out the nimrods, but not nearly e-boring enough to scare away intelligent but non-computer people.

Dang, iconoplast! 85%?!

55%, and proud of it. But how the hell could you NOT get excited about bandwidth?

15% for me.

65%

30%

85%

I’m always the last to find out that I really am boring.

40%

But they didn’t ask the right questions! How could they have a PC vs Mac question without having a Windows vs UNIX/Linux question? Or a question about how fast your connection to the Internet is? Or, or . . . .

Damnit, I know I’m a lot more e-boring than 40%!!!

wanders off somewhere to pout

60%. I think that’s low, but some of the questions were silly (latte? for God’s sake) instead of really assessing.

20 years ago my job didn’t exist.
15 years ago I didn’t know how to turn on a computer (because of those stupid Apple things they have in schools and they were so picky about how and when you turned them on and off so I was afraid to turn any computer on or off)

Now I honestly can’t imagine not being online. I was one of the pilot users of the Prodigy service in the Atlanta area in 1989 when they gave out sample disks with new modems (300 baud!!). Everything was text and email … God it was hell waiting for the “packets” to download. Then I discovered live chat on Compuserve ( /menu ) and suddenly this new hobby became a serious drain on the finances! It was the coolest thing (and still is) to be able to talk live with someone on the other side of the world at 3 am (insomnia) instead of watching bad late night TV.

I’m the first person in my family to have a computer at home, use it to order books, toys, Christmas presents, flowers, clothes, seeds, airplane tickets, hotel reservations and rental cars online. Now about half my family is wired and we are much closer than we ever would have been without the quick note dropping ability of email. I have kept in touch with several friends from high school that I lost touch with and found again online.

Computers and modems enabled me to work from home and for the most part spend a lot more time with my kids than I otherwise could have.

I think they’re wonderful, and have (in my case anyway) brought people closer rather than alienating them.

65% and I don’t own a PDA and I don’t work for a dotcom.

Eeep.

70%

I have to disagree with one of the questions - it’s not a matter of turning the computer on before the tv, because I never turn the computer off. But I do check the computer before switching on the tv :slight_smile:

45%

60%

65%

I gave up having a TV when I realised I never even bothered to watch it anymore as all I ever did was play on my laptop and surf

35% I’m still in touch with the real world.

70% here.

Don’t have a PDA, nor do I own a domain name…but BOY when I get my time machine working, Lucas is gonna pay me BIGTIME!

[Taco Stand Employee]
If I had a girlfriend, she’d kill me!
[/Taco Stand Employee]

50%. I don’t turn my computer off, either, and almost never watch regular TV (just baseball). I wish my grandmother had e-mail so much I bought her one of those little e-mail machines for her birthday. She likes the idea, but can’t make it work. So, still no e-mail for the granny. Sigh.

45%, But I don’t own a PDA.

Yet.