Are you buying shares in Facebook?

Well, to be fair you should at least include Amazon.com which is trading at 178x earnings.
Holy Shit! Why is Amazon trading at 178 times earnings?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the investing public.

I bought 110 shares of FB @ $38. I can afford to wait it out. It may do well eventually. I bought LinkedIn a few months ago and it tanked for a while, but it’s doing nicely now. I may be old, but I’ve got some time. :wink:

I bought 4 shares @ $33, just for the hell of it. That’s about as much of a risk I’m willing to take on FB.

Because people are betting that when the retail dust settles - Amazon will be sitting on a lot more earnings and Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Famous Footwear, half of Targets business, will have moved over. There is a lot of money left in Brick and Mortar retail, and ten years ago, there will be less there and more online. And because Amazon is quietly but successful moving into the hosted services business - and doing it pretty well.

I bought 15 shares of FB like Rand, and bought them when they’d dropped 12%. I figure that in ten years I’ll either have lost all of $600 (which we’ve been known to spend on a few bottles of wine) or I’ll have tripled it. Most of my portfolio is invested more responsibly, but I have a few wild hair stocks. And like Lavendarblue - my non-techie mother uses Facebook, I suspect that their ad revenue will get better, and I suspect that microtransactions for them are going to be huge.

This is, word for word, what I came in here to post.

We were both close, it ended at: $31.91

I buy no-load mutual funds. I don’t mess with individual stocks. Too much business risk.

I wanted to ask something along these lines; at what price might it be a good idea to grab some? Not that I will, but it seems like there is a point where it would be a bargain that will only go up?

Great work.

It would be fun if The Dope had a investing club. Even if it was with theoretical money.