Are you listed on the stock exchange?

On a side-tangent: Most Hebrew words are based on a 3-consonant root, so there are only a smallish finite number of roots available. So how many of you have 3-letter initials (all consonants) that are a Hebrew root word, and with what meaning?

How does one check?

I just Googled my initials and NYSE together in one search and got a result.

Also I went down 16 cents today, it’s a rough weekend.

My initials are MAP, so you can guess what results I’m getting. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Mapfre, S.A. is listed as MAP:

It has over 30,000 employees and is a Spanish multinational insurance company.

Thank you! Mine is almost penny stock, but My Beloved’s namesake stock is healthy and holding steady at $1,714.23 a share.

Mine’s a penny stock with a market cap of $149M. I initially thought that my wife’s was probably going to be the winner - current price $7,855 with a market cap of $1.65T - but then I noticed that that’s in South African Rand, not US dollars. Still good but only about 1/15th of those numbers when converted to USD.

With a post-acquisition regional presence in Massachusetts!

I’m listed in Singapore. About $3M market cap (That’s not a typo, it is Million, not Billion)

My initials would not make for a good listing on a stock exchange. The definition is:
exclamation

1. expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm.

“Meh. I’m not impressed so far”

adjective

1. uninspiring; unexceptional.

“a lot of his movies are … meh”

A lot like me sometimes.

It is used in part for a European Real Estate Index.

Not that many actual 3-letter real names out there. The Australian Stock Exchange lists Ann and May, while you can find Ava and Leo on the New Zealand Stock Exchange.

I’m a bit disappointed that codes WTF and FFS aren’t in use, although I can certainly see why: “This stocks down 30%, FFS!” would be confusing.

However, a BJ on the NYSE currently costs $60.02 which some people might see as good value.

And if I’m the first person to ever make that quip, I’ll eat my hat.

Midwest Air Group used to be listed on the NYSE as “MEH” (due to its original name, “Midwest Express Holdings,”) until its acquisition by another company in 2008. It filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2016. It planned to relaunch (no pun intended) in 2019 but pushed that to early 2020, then got into a legal dispute with another airline which pushed it back further, then the pandemic hit and people stopped flying. It’s planning to return to service “at some future date”.

“MEH” indeed.

My initials have been delisted.

That’s depressing.

I am down again. I need to change my initials!

Sumbitch! My penny stock corporation went up from 16.5 cents to 17 cents today. That’s a 6.25% increase!

I’m a lousy $11 a share. :face_with_monocle:

You are very popular with Dora The Explorer!