ARGH!!!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Hey, Rich, I didn’t see this earlier, sorry. Of course it’s me, how many Kylas are there? That are likely to show up in a SD forum, anyway? Yup, I got back from Israel in June, and lucky me, I’m still in school.

~Kyla

“You couldn’t fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life if you had an electrified fooling machine.”

At least smilingjaws didn’t have to walk 20 miles through waist-deep snow both ways with a potato in his/her pocket for warmth.

Lesse…I waited 10 minutes in the advisors office, used an automated course scheduler, registered in less than 5 minutes, and got ALL the classes I wanted, at ALL the times I wanted. I registered by computer (we can do it by telephone, too. It’s called TEX. yee haw.). How much does that make you hate me? I guess that’s the best perk of the largest and best university in the country… ::ducking and covering::

“I hear the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think that they will sing to me.” -T.S. Eliot

Occam,
If you hate registering for school so much then save yourself the trouble next year and have your parents do it like most other grade 2 kids.

–Donj

Hey Occum, I’m there, dude. At our school we registered only by phone, with time slots allotted alphabetically. At the stroke of midnight on your time slot, everybody hit the redial button at once. You did that and kept doing it until you got through or your 48 hours was up. My average time was 6 1/2 hours to get in JUST TO START TRYING TO REGISTER. After awhile if you listen real close you can swear that you can hear faint, maniacal laughter lost in the dial tone.

Oh well, at least half of the people there were babes.

Back in the dawn of time (i.e., 1981), I had to endure the same misery as Occam. I’m really surprised that it’s still going on. My younger sister is in college now (Sam Houston State), and does all her class registration on-line. Her biggest gripe is slow network service (!).

Occam, no offense, but what sort of bass-ackwards cow-college do you go to? If they aren’t on-line, that’s an excellent reason to transfer to another, up-to-date school.

Phaedrus wrote:

Careful, Phaedrus, your secret identity is showing.