Armpit sweating/staining - allergy related?

Hello…

I’m looking to either verify or disprove something I was told recently.

I have a problem of staining the arm-pits of my shirts over time… with a sort of yellowish/white crusty material. If it’s on a white shirt, it looks yellowed… if it’s on dark colors, where it stands out most, it looks pure white. No detergent gets it out… nothing gets it out and it builds up over time until I have to throw the shirt away.

I was told that it’s the result of being allergic to the deodorant I’m using. If this is the case, then I really don’t know what to do. I’ve tried other deodorants and each one I try seems to cause some kind of allergic reaction. Some cause constant and unbearable itching, some cause a slight inflammation of the skin, etc. The one I’m using now is the only one that has not caused any sort of discomfort, but apparently, if what I’m told is true, is also causing an allergic reaction in the form of those white stains.

Aside from that…

I tend to sweat constantly from my armpits. I can be bone dry on the rest of my body, it can be 40 degrees outside… guaranteed if I’m doing anything other than standing or sitting still, my armpits are sweating. It’s rather aggravating and a bit embarassing at times. I’m wondering if this is possibly related to an allergy or is something else the cause of this?

And… if either or both are results of an allergy to deodorants… are there any options out there that are known to not cause any kind of allergic reaction? I find it impossible to believe that I’d be allergic to everything that’s available.

Thanks

I don’t know, but maybe you should click on the links in advertisements on this page: “Control Excessive Sweat” and “Cure Armpit Sweat.” ; ) Have you tried those weird clear crystal rock deodorants? It didn’t seem to work very well for me. There’s a difference between deodorants and anti-perspirants. Do both equally irritate you?

Try Mitchum, it’s THEE BEST deodorant and antiperspirant out there. Aluminum is the active ingrediant in most antiperspirants because it’s positively charged and so is your skin. Put the two together and they repel each other.

I’m not allergic to deodorants, but they ruin my T shirts quite nicely all the same.

I use the Mitchum rollon, and I have the same problem as the OP. I know it’s not sweat getting through because it bleaches my sheets, too.

I use the Mitchum clear gel. My shirts last longer, but still pit out over time.

I don’t think it’s an allergy.

-Cem

Hmm, it’s obviously some form of bacteria. Maybe a dermatologist is in order.

Have you tried Certain Dri? It is an antiperspirant, not a deodorant, that actively works to reduce the amount of sweat, not just cover it up. It doesn’t require a prescription, but you may need to get it at a drug store, not just a grocery store.