Ask the Intergalactic Gladiator

No, but I did go up against the devil once. I fought through the 9 levels of Hell to rescue Pvt. Hudson. Not a fun time, but one of my proudest moments.

Where do you see yourself in five years? Are you bothering to contribute to your 401(k), and do you get a company match?

I am working on my masters degree. I ihave no idea how that pertains to Intergalactic Gladiatoring. I haven’t actually seend if the Federation has a 401(k). Maybe I should look into that.

You might have to take that up with the mods…

I’ve seen how lame they are on other boards, but they seem pretty active around here.*

*That’s kind of an inside joke. See, Professor X and I are both mods on another board that has only about 3 1/2 people who frequent it and of those 3 1/2, 3 are moderators.

What is your preferred weapon? Or do you have several you like?

How often do you fight? Are the matches scheduled well ahead of time, or are you on call 24/7? Any chance you can comp me some tickets? Is betting on the matches encouraged, discouraged, or flat out illegal?

I have a Wristcomm that features a sonic stunner and monofilament cable launcher. I don’t use the launcher so much in matches and only the stunner when it’s legal. I’ve also used a Laser trident.

You’d think as an Intergalactic Gladiator, I’d be competing in matches all the time. I seem to spend a lot of my time doing side stuff like fighting the Zerg on Throneworld, running for president, and hosting the award winning Separated at Birth series.

Betting is legal and as soon as I get my next batch of free tickets, I’ll send you a couple. Do you have transportation to planet Hacknor?

I have not played Evony. Mostly I just stare at their online ads.

I am not currently against boobies.

But I’d like to be.

Which aliens are the best in bed?

[moderating]
Moral? No. But it is against the rules at SDMB. If you happen to know anyone who has done this, you might recommend having them contact the admins right away to straighten it out before they get banned.
[/moderating]

Did you have to battle the Shadow in his Black Light form?
He dazzled you added 3 points to his score
Engulfed your microphone with darkness, added 3 more.

I understand, at this point, that the panel started to roar, and that you decided you must find the core of his power…

To win the battle, didn’t you project a uni-beam through his spleen?
Pulled out your x-ray cannons to disintegrate the phantom?

There are plenty, but I have to admit that I am not experienced in this area.

I’m married and my wifekind of looks like a cross between Maggie Gyllenhaal and Xena the Warrior Princess. I’m not taking any chances of getting her mad.

Too late. Both of those users have been banned. If that person (note the singular) wishes to ask to be reinstated under one or both of those names, he or she should contact TubaDiva at aol dot com.

What can I say? I’m not as nice as InvisibleWombat.

Once a Gladiator Intergalactically
Fought the Black Light Shadow climactically
Shooting the Shadow in the face
And launching him into space
Was the Gladiator’s best option, tactically

When you say the fights are “real”, you don’t mean really real, right? Or is it in your contract that you have to keep up the pretense? I mean, I saw that move you used on Captain Xrytran, and there’s no way it would have worked without his co-operation.

And that butt-kicking you gave The Incredible Trlylax? Given the number of small bones Zenophods have in that part of their body, he should have been in hospital for months if it was real, but he was fighting the next week!

It’s entertaining, but it’s all an act.

What? Why good sir, I have not heard such an insulting thing before in all my life! Of course it’s all real. It’s all really real. Really *really * real.

Come down to the ring and fight Abi the Butcher and tell me it’s not real.