Astroboy gets BANNED! By an 11-year-old!

So, a few weeks ago I was online and suddenly I get an IM from a friend, T

Tsays: “I want to introduce you to my cousin.” T then proceeds to drag me into a three-way conversation with said cousin. Keep in mind that I DID NOT IN ANY WAY ASK FOR THIS CRAP!

I say: “OK, T-bitch! Who are you introducing me to (remember, we’re in a three-way chat now with someone I don’t know…)”?

T says: “My cousin, A! Dude, she’s only 11! Watch the cursing…”

Me: :“OOPS! Sorry! I didn’t know!”

A (the 11-year-old cousin, living in Canada…): “Hi!”

… we chat for a bit… cousin’s input in the conversation (as expected from an 11-year-old, is 99% “o”, “k”, “nm”, etc.) IE: nothing substantial or even conversational! After a few minutes, I tell T and A (yes, I’m aware of that! I giggled as I typed it too!) that I’ll sign off and let them chat… which I proceed to do.

So, OK.

Now, over the course of the past couple of weeks, I have gotten maybe 4 or 5 IMs from 11-year-old cousin A… Keep in mind that I have NOT EVER IM’d cute, little A myself… she, EVERY time, started the conversation!

Every time she has IM’d me, it has been like this:

A: Hi! Wat’s up?
Me: Not much. You?
A: nm
Me: OK… (remember, she IM’d ME! NOT the other way around!)
A: Call T and tell him to get online!
Me: he’s not home now, he’s teaching/ it’s 3AM! He’s sleeping!/ I called him, but he’s not home… (depending on the time of day… remember, T and I are in Korea, while A is in Canada…)

So, OK.

Last night, A IM’d me again (annoying, dammit! What the hell do I have to talk to with an 11-year-old who posts nothing other than ‘o’, ‘k’, ‘nm’ and ‘call T and tell him to get online!’? I asks ya!!

Here is the entire transcript of our conversation, unaltered (save for the names, which I WILL alter!):
¤¤A¤¤ says:
fine don’t answer nme
Dan the Great( Astroboy14)! (I NEVER GOT THE FIRST MESSAGE!!) says:
sorry …wait… I’m busy right now…
¤¤A says:k
¤¤A¤¤ says:
fine then bye
Dan the Great! says:
wait…wait… wita…
Dan the Great! says:
girlfriend trying to call, but the line is bad, so she’s calling again, and again…
¤¤A¤¤ says:
o
Dan the Great! says:
Sorry! Girfreind is drunk!.. she’s going to call back in a few minutes (after a shower…)
¤¤A¤¤ says:
shes drunk?
Dan the Great! says:
MAJOR drunk! She went out with her brother and some other friends…
Dan the Great! says:
remember, it’s NIGHT here…
A¤¤ says:
oya
Dan the Great! says:
whassup?
¤¤A¤¤ says:
nm u?
Dan the Great! says:
nm… my friend and I are trying to finish a project that we have been working on for almost a year… so we are working a LOT this week… we’re supposed to give the finished product to the publisher by Friday…
¤¤A¤ says:
ok
Dan the Great! says:
Anyways, busy, busy, busy!!! I am jealous of the other teachers here… they have 3 months off from work, but I get nothing off! (T and some others are teaching summer classes, but they only last a month or so…)
¤¤A¤¤ says:
o
Dan the Great! says:
So, how’s your summer vacation so far?
¤¤A¤¤ says:
good
Dan the Great! says:
What are you doing?
¤¤A¤¤ says:
playing on the cpu chattinn and watching tv
Dan the Great! says:
cool… but get outside and play, too!
¤¤A¤¤ says:
i am going to the beach
Dan the Great! says:
Wait… BRB (BathRoomBreak)!
¤¤A¤¤ says:
k
Dan the Great! says:
Back! So, going to the beach? Where? (I forgot where you live… sorry!)
¤¤A¤¤ says:
wpg
Dan the Great! says:
wpg? what is that?
Dan the Great! says:
OH! Winnepeg!
Dan the Great! says:
Duh!
¤¤A¤¤ says:
ya
Dan the Great! says:
Sorry… I am well -known on several continents as an idiot…
¤¤A¤¤ says:
o
Dan the Great! says:
“o”? That’s all? Humph!
¤A¤¤ says:
lol
Dan the Great! says:
So anyways, when you go to the beach there in wpg… is the water warm enough to swim in?
¤¤A¤¤ says:
yup
¤¤A¤¤ says:
its going to b 30 todAay
¤A¤¤ says:
today*
Dan the Great! says:
really? Cool! Watch out for sharks, tho…
¤¤A¤ says:
lol
Dan the Great! says:
serious! The sharks seem to have some grudge against us humans lately… there have been several shark attacks in previously un-attacked waters in the past few months…
Dan the Great! says:
wait… 30*… what is that in the US? I can’t do celcius in my head…
¤¤A says:
ur scaring me!
Dan the Great! says:
scaring you? Why?
¤¤A says:
cuz ur weird
¤¤A says:
and u swear lots!
¤¤A¤ says:
and i mean lots
Dan the Great! says:
Well… I AM weird (Sorry if that scares you…I am weird in a GOOD way! Ask T!)… and I am trying NOT to swear while talking to you, because I know that you are young… have I sweared in this thread? (I reviewed, and I have not…)
Dan the Great! says:
Yes, I DO swear a lot… but I don’t thonk that I have done so to you… maybe a little… if so, I’m sorry!
Dan the Great! says:
…think…
¤¤A¤¤ says:
well even T said u swear a lot
Dan the Great! says:
he did? Jerk!
Dan the Great! says:
LOL
Dan the Great! says:
Look, A… I am 35 years old… I swear, I hold unpopular political opinions (especially in Canada!), and I smell funny!.. I DO try not to swear when I am talking to you (because I know that you are young…)…
Dan the Great! says:
sorry if
Dan the Great! says:
I have sworn…
¤¤A¤¤ says:
g2g bye
Dan the Great! says:
bye

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:
bye

I tried to reply to A, but she had BANNED me from her account!

So, OK… this pisses me off! (no, I don’t know why… but it does!)

Bwa-hahahahaha!!! You got snubbed by an 11 year old?!? That is too funny. Seriously though she’s just 11 be thankful that you don’t have to deal with her anymore.

Give the little sweetie the benefit of the doubt…there’s probably a mommy factor involved. Most parents would keep a very close eye on an 11 year old daughter’s internet communications.

weird…
Not that it matters, but if you ever IM me, I promise not to ban you.
Some time back, one of my daughter’s friends tried to engage me in conversation on line… sorta… repeatedly… so I just blocked her - she was as annoying on line as in real life. Not that that has anything to do with anything…

11-y/o girls are weird anyway.

incidentally, what’s so great about Dan the Great?? :smiley:

That’s why I no longer do mIRC, AIM, etc etc…too many annoying people. I hate chats.

Annoying people are one of the MANY things that makes AOL and AIM suck, but they can be amusing if you handle them properly. Had you not known this girl through a friend, and she had just randomly IMed you, it probably would’ve been very fun to mess with her head.
Though that may just be me. I’m notorious for doing that kind of stuff online. :smiley:

WHAT? FCM, what is NOT great about “Dan the Great”?

I am DAN, and I am GREAT, I tells you!!:smiley:

Yeah, no great loss, Astro. By the way, your real name is Dan? I don’t see you as a Dan. You’re more of a…Jet. I guess I’ve always seen you as sleek and abnormally cool.

Jester- admit it, you’ve had your one strange set of conversations. May I remind you of…the Fish Ass Kids? Hehe.

I agree with Al. Her parents banned you. As well they should have, potty mouth.

:eek:

how devious of her! and her parents! shame on them!
banning their daughter from a perfectly and delightfully insane [sub]ok maybe just weird[/sub] pottymouth such as yourself. how could they? :wink:

Thanks, Zoggie! Yup… the real name is Dan. But NOT “Danny”! I hate that!:smiley:

Sorry, man–your name just officially changed to “Dannyboy14” in the strange world of my mind.

“The pipes…the pipes are callin’…”

:smiley:

I would be willing to bet that Mom or Dad came by while she was chatting with you and saw:

Mom/Dad freaks about 11 yoa daughter talking to 35 yoa man, every horror story they have seen on the news goes through their head, and they hit the BAN button on you. Sounds possible to me. Maybe T could find out for you.

I’m surprised that anyone lets their 11 year-old daughter chat online. There’s some scary people out there.

And a few less email addresses… :smiley:

–Tim

Heh, I’ve only stolen a few pedophile’s mailboxes. After I showed how easy it was to do a lot of other people started doing it, though.

Huh?

I think he is referring to an email prank I posted on another forum. Basically, I set my AIM profile to say I am a 12 year old girl and I got some guy who looked me up by area coming on to me. He wanted a picture, I told him my email wasn’t working but if he gave me the login and password for his webmail account I would log into it and mail the picture to that address. He actually gave me his login, I changed the password, and messed with his head for a few hours after revealing I wasn’t really a 12 year old girl. It turns out that most of these guys who are like that will give out login info like that to get a pic, they assume that since you are a young girl you aren’t smart enough to do anything bad with their personal info and are really desperate for pictures.

See, it’s stuff like this that makes me wary of chatting with random people. Most of the time, if I get an unknown screen name asking for a chat, I assume it’s a Doper or a friend who randomly changed his/her screen name.

I often keep small talk out of chats, though… it’s usually limited to a “What’re you up to?”, and maybe a follow-up if their activity sounds interesting.

NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I live in HELL!!

:smiley:

Whoa! :eek:BooBoo316… you may have actually nailed it right on the head! That just didn’t occur to me!

If anyone reading this lives in Winnepeg, and is the parent of an 11-year-old girl, and banned the prevert she was talking to the other night… know this: I won’t claim to be harmless, but I MEAN no harm! Seriously! I was just chatting with the cousin of a friend… and if you want to know, I prefer my women to be WOMEN (not little girls!)!!;)[sup]So sue me! I likes boobies…[/sup]