Asymetrical Animals?

I think that a flounder is because it has a bottom and a top side with two eyes IIRC. But I wonder if there are any others. Maybe other sea creatures?

But aren’t flounders symmetrical when hatched?

Fiddler crab

Lots of crabs have one claw way bigger than the other. Narwhals’ tusks are one tooth, thus they’re asymmetrical.

Sponges, corals, etc. have little to no symmetry but are animals.

Snails and sea snails and such with their shells.

Crossbills quality in the bird class.

The sidehill gouger is asymmetrical.

Oh, and Bjorn Borg :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s not forget the Moties!

I assume you mean on the outside, because inside we are asymmetrical of course (presumably along with a lot of other animals)!

Lobsters too actually.

Narwhals have a tusk in the center no?

No.

The most conspicuous characteristic of the male narwhal is a single long tusk, which is in fact a canine tooth that projects from the left side of the upper jaw, through the lip and forms a left-handed helical spiral.

Won’t you be my Fyunch(click)?

Are corals individual animals or colonies of polyps? (I have no idea whether the polyps are symmetrical.). Because if we include colonies, we can go all meta and include bee and termite colonies.

Each disk of zoanthids is an individual animal. Coral with multiple polyps are a single animal. Of course, many of them live together in groups.

Coral polyps are symmetrical, they show radial symmetry instead of the more human bilateral symmetry .

Bjorn Borg’s got nothing on Matthias Schlitte:

A Rose-breasted Grosbeak. Note that the red coloration veers off to one side.

I supposed the OP was asking about structural symmetry, as coloration would apply to giraffes, zebras, all manner of cows/horses/dogs/cats…

Yeah that’s what I meant. Now that I think about it.

So we have Flounder, the narwhal, the crossbill, we have crustaceans limbs and perhaps mollusks but I’m not sure about the anatomy there aside from the shell. Sponges and other amorphous beings might count but there’s no reason they couldn’t be symmetrical.

Actually there are two types, the clockwise gouger and the counterclockwise gouger. They’ve evolved to be different species since they have trouble mating.

There’s an old limerick about someone with a corkscrew part of their anatomy. It ends with the words “Left hand thread”