At Eve's request: "VH1's I Love the 1930s!"

Yeah, and remember the flagellants? You just don’t see street theater like that anymore!

Sorry, but the Marx Bros 1st flic was “Animal Crackers.” Ole’ Blue Eyes liked Zeppo’s widow so much he married Barbara Marx. So doubt Zep was gay.

No, it was The Cocoanuts (not counting the silent short Humor Risk). Animal Crackers was their first film to be released in the 1930s, however.

BAKELITE! Plastics just aren’t the same anymore now that they don’t smell like formaldehyde.

Dude, don’t try to bust me on the Marx Bros. This I know. (And no, Zeppo was not gay, but that’s what passes for humor on this “I love the…” series, in case you haven’t seen it.)

I will admit I misspelled “Studebaker” though, which completely ruins the whole thing for me. :smiley:

The Marxes filmed The Cocoanuts while they were performing Animal Crackers on Broadway. There’s no doubt about the order.

And you’re also wrong about Barbara.

She and Zeppo divorced in 1973. (The IMDB says 1972, but it’s wrong.) She married Sinatra in 1976. Zeppo didn’t die until 1979.

Dude, do not come onto this Board and try to tell us about Marx lore. :cool:

“You’ve got the brain of a four year old, and I’ll bet he was glad to get rid of it.”

This series has given me pause to wonder about those years which are generally considered to be “bad”. I Love 1941 (Pearl Harbor), or I Love 1929 (Stock Market Crash), or I Love 1963 (Kennedy Assassination…

Other bad years, or years in which major bad things happened:

1941 (Pearl Harbor bombing)
1968 (King and RFK assasinated)
1980 (John Lennon shot)
1999 (Columbine massacre)
2001 (obvious reasons)

Exapno- I feel like joining a club & beating you over the head w/it. Why don’t you bore a hole in youself & let the sap run out. Seriously, I thought I knew all about Julius, Leonard & Adolph. Obviously not. Well I do have a record by Julius’ daughter Melinda-no,she couldn’t sing.