AT&T is fistfucking me! What should I do?

One of my favorite things about Sprint is the wide variety of phones they have available. I recommend reading review sites like epinions and talking with friends who are in your area as to which phone to get. I had a marvelous PDA phone for several years and I was extremely happy with it and only retired it when I was issued a oncall phone and didn’t feel like carrying two. My wife, on the other hand, bought one she had lots of trouble with. It wouldn’t get signal in places where mine was just fine and it didn’t stand up to being dropped and such as well as mine did(although she dropped hers far more often than I did mine).

I’d recommend shopping around for a good high-quality phone and expect to spend 250 or more on it pre-rebate.

Enjoy,
Steven

I’ve had my eye on the Samsung 8100 for awhile. I few of my friends have it, and give it the thumbs up. It’s also not super wallet busting. :smiley:

Do you mean the Sanyo 8100? That’s the one we just bought a month or so ago for my wife. Pretty nice phone and it was rated fairly highly on various sites. This having been said, we’ve had a couple of issues with it which are more annoying than anything and may be due to some errors on our own part. The phone occasionally pages itself. Around midnight on several nights it has paged itself for no good reason that we can figure out. We’ll get the “voicemail” tone and it will say we missed a call from its own number. Haven’t figured that one out. Also the other day my wife was calling me and I picked up virtually immediately and somehow the connection was a bit wonky. I could hear her but she couldn’t hear me. She mentioned this happened to her again on a conversation with her mother a couple days later. We’re going to start tracking these kinds of things and see if we can figure out what is going on.

So far it is a good phone overall though. Nice talk times and quality in general. Brilliant color and bright screens. Decent camera(although to send pictures you’ll need the Vision service pack which will cost you $15 per month) if you’re just wanting to play around and build a personal photo caller ID listing. There may be a way to hook it up to a PC and download them without using the Vision service.

Enjoy,
Steven