At what age did you.....

Once, and only once, I cought a bit of skin in my zipper… I was drunk, it was dark… etc.

Now I am exceedingly careful as to my zippering activities…

glad this thread didn’t die, I was starting to get discouraged! :smiley:

This will tell you more about my commando ideas:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=42131

When I was in Jr. High and the dance costumes starting being cut higher in the leg, (same time and reason I started shaving that area, too). I decided I liked 'em both and never stopped. That’s been… lessee…Oy. A long damn time.

Since jan 26th 1987…my then boyfriend’s b-day.

No more panty lines or wedgies and the look on a man’s face when he discovers your commando status for the 1st time…
Priceless

So… ladies… How you* doin’?

I was expecting a lot more male replies, but this is interesting… makes me wonder if more women do it than men.

See, that’s what I was thinkin…

They do now!

FTR, I started goin’ commando in high school, but rarely do these days. It seemed to be more important to be able to strip at a moment’s notice back then.

I started on tighty-whities, switched to commando in my teenage years, then went to boxers, then to boxer-briefs. Boxer-briefs are ideal for me, they provide decent support and protect me from my pants (or vice-versa), yet look good. I am uncircumcised, not sure whether that has any bearing on my choices, though.

Oh. My. Goodness.
Thinking about start a new thread:
Register your vote here: Should hypergirl wear thongs or nothing?

…personally, for me, a tough choice. I’d really appreciate it if hypergirl could send me pictures of herself in both states to help me render my choice.

Personally, I would no more go commando than would I go braless. I like the feeling of soft cotton enveloping my tender areas…
Then again, I’m an old fogey…

:smiley:

Warning - TMI regarding “wimmin’ stuff” -
When I was younger, between the ages of oh, 18-28 or so, I went commando all the time. Then I started having troubles with wearing tampons. They would get just too damn uncomfortable, so I started wearing pads. You can’t wear pads without underwear. I still will go commando to run to the store or something, and do most of the time around the house. But I feel weird not wearing underwear now.

My 16-yr-old son wears his ALL the time! Even when he sleeps! That would drive me crazy…

I started senior year of HS, occaisonally, then quite often in college. I haven’t lately tho. Maybe I’ll start again.

For me it was about ten years ago. I was tired of replacing them after TG ripped and/or chewed them off me :stuck_out_tongue:

Any other women who do this have trouble explaining to their female friends/family members why “I can’t go try this on…I’m just going to buy it…” I need some damned underwear just to go shopping in now!!!