Australian "Mushroom Poisoner" has been charged with murder & attempted murder

I could have sworn there was a post or thread about this, but I was unable to locate it.

This woman is not only being charged with murdering three people, but she also tried to kill her partner four other times. She claims it was an accident and that she simply was negligent in her choice of mushrooms for dinner, which would mean that either a grocery store or an Asian market she’d visited had death’s cap mushrooms for sale for some reason?

I thought I read at least one story months ago about authorities concluding that the toxic Beef Hellington was an accident, but can’t find it.

It’d be an extraordinarily idiotic way to deliberately kill someone, but murderers often are pretty damn stupid.

And that nobody else bought and ate any of these mislabeled poisonous mushrooms.

Her ex-partner who she had attempted to kill previously survived. He was idiotic enough to eat a meal served by her after repeated attempts to kill him, but perhaps no so idiotic as to not realize he shouldn’t eat mushrooms served by her and didn’t eat as many as the rest.

Apparently she didn’t eat any herself. According to the article only her guests were taken to the hospital after falling ill.

Over here:

Fun Fact: All mushrooms are edible, some only once.

Dang it! I saw the “I have mushrooms” bit while searching and didn’t think to check it out.

Same’s true of volcano hikes, long swims with sharks, parachute jumps with sketchy equipment, etc. You can always do it. Maybe even you can do it twice.

Something I only remember seeing in cartoons is a daredevil who does something like swallowing a keg of gunpowder and drinking a bottle of nitroglycerin, maybe dousing himself in gasoline, and then holds a stick of dynamite in his mouth with the fuse lit. After the big KABOOM someone comments “Great act! What does he do for an encore?”

I’m going to guess that some interesting things will come up in her search history.

It’s a classic!

Update- she’s pled (pleaded?) not guilty

Her sentence would be to eat a mushroom omelette - generous with the mushrooms. If she weathered ordeal without any medical help, I would set her free. If not … …

Salem called; they want their witch trials back. :wink: