Avatar: What will happen in the sequel? [spoilers]

It depends, or course, on the new script,
but I think the Terrans need unobtanium enough to return with nukes, smallpox blankets or I Love Lucy reruns and whack the Navi.
What say you?

No, because James Cameron isn’t a conservative asshole who would think that’s a good idea.

So…huge spoiler in the thread title doesn’t bother you at all?

They may return, and do some damage, but the Na’vi will survive and eventually prevail. The Terrans winning in the long run is about as likely as Sauron getting back the One Ring.

God, I hope so.

I vote “yes” for what would realistically happen, but I have no expectation of seeing it in a sequel.

Not aware it is a spoiler. :slight_smile:

…but if he did! :slight_smile:

Well…by asking if the Terrans will return to nuke the Na’vi, it implies that they lost/decided to abandon the war/battle/whatever the heck they were doing in Avatar…so yeah, I’d say you pretty much ruined the end of the movie for those of us that haven’t seen it.

I think the more interesting question is whether or not Eywa will nuke Earth before they have the time to organize an assault.

And the OP title is a spoiler.

I voted no, because James Cameron controls what will happen, and it would be completely pointless and counterproductive for Cameron to destroy the Na’vi.

I think it’s a virtual certainty that any hypothetical sequel would entail a return of humans to Pandora, but Cameron is still the Deus of the story, and the Deus isn’t going to let the humans wreck Pandora.

Agreed that the thread title is a spoiler. Probably not a particularly shocking one, but a spoiler nonetheless.

It’s the only way to be sure of another movie.

Maybe the humans fight each other. Maybe nobody fights, they just talk about it. Maybe they leave because they all want to vote for the presidential elections and return. Maybe only the good guys or the bad guys need to return.

What the heck are you doing reading the thread if you don’t want to be spoiled, anway?

Besdies, you are wrong in your supposition, but I won’t ruin it for you. :slight_smile:

The Na’vi, and more importantly Eywa know where the baddies found on LV-426 originally came from.

And dispatch them to Earth.

:rolleyes:

So you’re saying he’s a liberal asshole then?

A lot of people disagree, based on the number who have reported it as such. Please be considerate of people who haven’t seen the film yet.

Thanks,

twickster, Cafe Society moderator

Just FYI: the original title was “Avatar: Will Terrans return and nuke the Navi?” which twickster changed to “Avatar: What will happen in the sequel? [spoilers]”

Agreed. Nuking the Na’vi from orbit would make for a very short and boring film (except for the alien scenary gorn).

Perhaps I should have entitled it, “Will the Terrams return and attempt to nuke the Navi from orbit?”

:slight_smile:

I didn’t intend to ask about a sequel, but a poll about human nature in response to the actions in the film.