Aw, CRAP, I left raw chicken out overnight. Safe to just cook it ASAP?

Yes, you are wrong, as pointed out in the post directly above yours.

There is no way to make the chicken safe. That doesn’t mean it will definitely make you sick, but taking the gamble isn’t worth it.

I’ve left chicken out on the counter over night while marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoning many many times and it always turns out amazing.

Lemon juice kills bacteria and it can’t grow in the olive oil either.

Now there’s another crowd that for some reason thinks salmonella, worms, etc will appear in meat magically just cause it’s left out.
I just wanna make this clear. Salmonella and worms do NOT magically appear in meat cause it was left out too long. If your meat has it, then it had it prior to you buying it but if you cook it properly then properly sanitize and clean up after yourself you won’t get sick.

The only worry is bacteria growing on your meat while it’s left out and you won’t always smell when it’s bad too.

Lets say you leave it out for a few hours and it doesn’t smell bad it’s possible it could make you sick due to the bacteria but if you cook it thoroughly it will not.

Here’s another thing though: When you goto flip your raw meat in the frying pan you are touching the raw meat with your utensil. The bacteria, salmonella, etc could be transferred to your utensil and when you goto flip it again you are putting that bacteria right back on your cooked meat. If you are afraid you may get sick from bad meat whether cause it sat out or bought it from a shady place you should ALWAYS sanitize your utensil before and after every flip or each time you touch the raw meat while it’s cooking.

I’m sure even the OP wouldn’t want to eat chicken if it’s been sitting out for nine years.

Is it safe to eat zombie chicken?

If the OP has waited this long to decide, I’m not sure the answers pertaining to “overnight” are relevant any longer.

Let’s close this one.