awards

okay, this is more of a trivia thing, but I’m still curious.
I was reading something on actress Rita Moreno and how she was erroneously credited as being the first entertainer to win an Oscar, an Emmy, a Tony and a Grammy. The honor actually goes to Helen Hayes (many people argue that it’s Barbara Streisand, though Streisand didn’t actually “win” a Tony she earned an award for Star of the Decade).
These three remarkable women have done well for themselves kudos-wise (Babs takes the cake on the amount of major awards won, some 15+), but only Moreno has received those 4 PLUS won a Golden Globe and a Golden Laurel strictly in a competitive sense.
Now comes my question:

Has any MAN ever won all 6 awards? If so, who was the first (or maybe the only, I don’t know). This makes it a little tough as they stopped giving Laurels out around 1970.

I don’t know the answer and nobody wins a kwepie if they can tell me, but I’d still like to know.
:confused:

Mike Nichols, John Gielgud, Marvin Hamlisch, and Mel Brooks have all won an Oscar, Emmy, Grammy and Tony in competitive categories.

Gene Autry has 5 stars on Hollywoods Walk of Stars - one each for film, television, song, live performance and radio.

Have any of them won a Golden Globe and a Golden Laurel?

Looks like Mike Nichols has that honor AND he won an American Comedy Award, a BAFTA, & a DGA

Cool!

Thanks for your help!!

Mike Nichols won a Golden Globe and two Golden Laurels. John Gielgud and Marvin Hamlisch both won Golden Globes.

Here are Mr Nichols awards.