Awful shows that you can't stop watching

“Eureka.” Jack Carter keeps me watching; the rest of the show can take a flying leap.

Me too. I know it’s horrible, but I just get sucked in to the all-day marathons. I especially enjoy it when my husband starts watching with me. He gets downright opinionated about who should win!

Watching right now: It’s less a matter of “suspension of disbelief” as of expelling disbelief entirely. But it’s so enjoyable!

I usually spend the hour wondering just how much the judges are getting paid to eat those ingredients!

An awful lot like NCIS to me: The show would be completely unwatchable if I didn’t enjoy the cast so much…

I started watching this because one of the castmembers is married to a former classmate, but I just can’t turn away. The plots are so trite, but again, I like the cast.

And finally: iCarly. Sure, I like to pretend I just watch because my 10-year-old enjoys it, but secretly? I love it. (Sam rocks. And Gibby.)

like Capitaine Zombie, I came in here to say this. but control-z said it better than I could.

***Hillbilly Handfishing ***on animal planet - these people stand in muddy streams/rivers and ‘noodle’ or try to get large catfish to swallow their hand or foot and then ‘catch’ it by running a stringer thru the gill and out the mouth. Some of these fish are HUGE - 3-4’, 60-100 lbs. It has now become a tourist thing.

The scary part is that this is also done in swamps (brackish water) where alligators and gar live.

It continually amazes me what people will do when they are bored enough.

“Hey y’all watch this!!!” - the death cry of the redneck. (I are one and am entitled to say that).

Supersize v Superskinny. Or maybe it’s the other way around. Anyway, it’s on the Lifestyle Channel, which pretty much guarantees it’s rubbish but I can’t stop watching it. Six stone non-eater has to eat the diet for a week of a 20 stone overeater.

Yep. And I don’t “watch” it, really… it’s kinda playing in the background and I zip forward a lot.

I realize that I mostly watch it just to take in Morena Baccarin. She’s riveting to look at.

-looks around-

The Young and the Restless.

Growing up, mum would tape this, and her and grandma would watch Y&R and the Bold and the Beautiful every single night in the hour before Jeopardy was on (which may also explain my propensity to watching Jeopardy). I still catch at least part of it every weekday when I visit the family for dinner.

It’s a daytime soap. It’s not as bad as “passions” with witchcraft and zombies and the like, but it’s still pretty terrible. But I feel the insatiable need to follow along and see what happens to the characters.

Maury

What, no Parking Wars?

I keep watching too, because I hope it will adjust itself. There are good moments, but overall, disappointing writing. And I think Vince is unnecessary.

Toddlers & Tiaras on Netflix?!? That answers “what’ll I watch next?”. Hawt dawg.

I do have standards. :smiley:

I’m so ashamed of myself, but I can’t stay away from MXC. It’s this bizarre old Japanese game show with different voice actors. It’s hysterical though; I can’t stop laughing at the double entendres and how “Kenny” is abused all the time.

Judge Judy is my guilty pleasure. Horrible, terrible TV. It’s like Jerry Springer with less profanity/flashing. But Lord help me, I always push the ‘record’ button on my DVR for it!

I absolutely refuse to watch Jersey Shore or any of the Real Housewives franchise, for fear of being sucked in.

Bad shows I don’t normally watch, but get sucked into when the hubby watches them are the Ice Road Truckers, Men Who Put Their Balls On The Line To Accomplish Something Meaningless type shit. I have a love/hate relationship with the narration: “Bradley, Gene and Larry need to make it to SomeTown, AnyState, by nightfall if they have any hope of finding food; if they don’t make it, chances are excellent that two of them will end up dining on the weakest of the three. . .And we can only hope they like steak tartare, because their match supply ran out yesterday afternoon. . .”
Dreadful stuff. But if he’s watching it, I’m at least listening in. :wink:

I used to watch Manswers all the time, but then I realized they weren’t very rigorous. Mythbusters, Pawnstars, and many other shows do a lot more research.

Guilty. I especially love Fran’s mom and the Niles:CC exchanges.

From the same channel, I love “The Smoking Gun Presents…” (‘People Doing Stupid Shit’). Combine those videos with commentary from not-well-known comedians/writers and washed-up B-list actors. I should not love that show so much.

Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares (the Fox episodes are worse than the British-produced ones, but BBC America has started running those as well so that’s no help), Hell’s Kitchen, Restaurant Impossible, Tabatha’s Salon Makeover.

I always wonder about the camerman - what’s he doing for food? How endangered are they really if they’re toting around a camera crew and equipment?

Though I guess it’s possible that the camera crew is made up of fellow ice road truckers or lumberjacks or people who look for cannibal tribes or whatever. :wink:

My daughter loves the ghost hunter type shows, much to my shame… :wink:

My brother showed me this show a few years ago. While it’s not one that I never miss, I have an appreciation for it, as well.

I used to watch The Brady Bunch as well. I’d turn it on just about every day after school when TBS was airing it. I would also occasionally watch those awful early '90s Fox sitcoms like Herman’s Head and Drexel’s Class, although I actually kind of liked the latter.

I’ve watched enough Bridezilla episodes that I have an opinion on what kind of bitch the ANNOUNCER is. (Total)

MXC is excerpted and overdubbed, from an actual Japanese game show called “Takeshi’s Castle.” While MXC is a spoof of the original, they were both extremely zany.

For the record, the very rarely seen game where the contestants are all in these bulky horse get-ups, and have to “jump” over obstacles while wearing rollerskates, pretty much made me laugh until I cried.