Babylon 5 Animated Movie

Vague info from JMS, but says is 100% done and in the can

Brian

I wonder if the re-boot/remake version of the show is still going to happen. I think there is a lot of room to update the show and still make a great version of it.

I love the original, but I would not object to it being done again if they could nail it.

The animated movie (and maybe followups) and the reboot are two different projects. The first animated movie is in the can. The reboot may or may not happen, but, right now, is dead in the water due to the strike.

More information about the animated movie is forthcoming in an official WB announcement next Wednesday.

The cast has been released and it’s fantastic. I can’t wait!

“ Returning Babylon 5 castmembers include Bruce Boxleitner as John Sheridan, Claudia Christian as Susan Ivanova, Peter Jurasik as Londo Mollari, Bill Mumy as Lennier, Tracy Scoggins as Elizabeth Lochley and Patricia Tallman as Lyta Alexander.”

Hooray for more Zathras!

Zathras is finite, but we are not all out of him. And in some timelines the ending surely is not bad for Zathras.
That thing however is still the wrong tool.

I’d say it was more than the strike for the reboot. The CW was acquired, and the new company shows no interest in doing B5.

That leaves HBO Max, and a B5 remake is almost directly the opposite of how David Zaslav wants to handle things, which is reality programming (the bread and butter of the Discovery side), the occasional prestige TV show (Succession/GoT spinoffs/etc), and big budget blockbusters.

Wow - I had no idea so many of them were still alive.

Negotiations on the reboot were still in progress. Those negotiations have been put on hold now because of the strike.

Agreed. They did remarkably well with the budget and technology of the day. I would love to see it with a decent budget.

Trailer released:

Brian

Interesting. I’ll be curious. How long is the movie?

How disappointing! I was hoping this would be awesome animation, but it mostly looks like cheap, low frame rate, Saturday morning cartoon stuff.