Backpacking Europe

Give me some advise on traveling in Europe on a budget How much planning do I need to do? How much do I budget a day (without Eurorail pass.)

Okay - here is what you do - SEE A TRAVEL AGENT!
(maybe get a Contiki brochure. They are a company that specializes in tours for 18-35 year olds, reasonable per diems and they take care of a lot of the “unfun” stuff about travelling through Europe - where to eat, what to see, where do I buy this, where am I going to stay tonight, etc. As a bonus, you are travelling with other like minded people who are close to your age from around the world)

Not that I’m a Travel Agent or anything… :rolleyes:

Best place to check is Eurotrip.com. There is a board for posts & searching. Have fun! :cool:

When and where are you going, and what do you like to do?

Buy a copy of First Time Europe… its published by Rough Guide.

Oh, and assuming you’re a student, screw regular travel agents. Talk to your local Council Travel office!

Take half the clothes and twice the money you think you’ll need.

Hello Again - good advice on the “take half the clothes and twice the money”

and there are Travel Agents who specialize in Student Travel - you can find them… on campus.

Preparing for a trip is a lot of work, especially if you have never done it before. Wouldn’t it be helpful to talk to someone who does it for a living? (maybe its just me)

Another recommandation for the boards on www.eurotrip.com

Are you serious, ** Tracers **, or do you say that “tongue in cheeks”?

When I first did it, I got off the plane and had no idea where I was going until I took the bus to the train station and was forced to pick a destination.
I never knew where I would be the next day.
I intended to stay until my money ran out.

4 months later, I arrived back home with exactly 35 cents in my pocket.
Had the greatest time of my life.