Bacon-Grease-In-A-Tube®!

I’m with the Frog. I’ve been in and out of here for a long time and am only familiar with the Great Wally by way of a link to Fathom. Let Sweet Wally keep the name as sort of a tribute, the sense of humor certainly seems similar.

I’m glad somebody has the sense to focus on what’s important in this thread.

Would a slut by any other name be as…well…slutty?

I find it rather nice in a weird way that you were so moved simply by seeing a friend’s name in type that you wanted it preserved for him only. I can almost feel your little heart flop.

In the end, I think what we choose to call ourselves is a petty matter. I chose mine because it closely matched my AOL handle, by the way, and didn’t give it any further thought. But I guess it’s a bit different in the case of a loved one.

Sweet Wally, it is indeed sweet of you to offer to change to honor someone’s memory. I think you’re cool!

-L

Sweet Wally, thanks for being such a good sport about this. “Wally” is just a name, and you have every right to chose it. And while no poster will be offended by your name, it may invoke painful memories for some (I’m not speaking for myself here, BTW). If you decide to change your username, I can only applaud you for your thoughtfulness. Should you chose to stick with “Sweet Wally”, that’s fine with me as well.

Welcome aboard!

I agree with Mr. Frog.

So what if he got the name mixed up!

Honest mistake.

Did any1 insult you?

So there was no reason to flame him for making a mistake.

Now, how was the kid supposed to know people would take offense to his own name?

I don,t think he should change it.

It IS his real name.

There will never be another WallyM7.

But, there are many Wallys.

I think its really a classy thing to do to offer to change it, really, really classy.

I also dated a 'Walter" in high school shiver…he was a maniac in the sack. Grrrrrrrrrrrr…

Sweet Walter gets my vote! drool

I think Coldfire summed things up best. I was just posting in hopes that Sweet Wally/Walter/Whatever realized that he does not have to change his name, that in the end it’s his choice.

Like SexyWriter said (in a way), a name is just a name. Let’s not confuse the names with the real people behind them.

I feel horrible for having helped hijack what was a fun OP begging for silly responses (something I’m good at BTW).

One quick question SweetW - why would a vegetarian use a product, while not meat, is made from dead pig?

A simple demonstration:

Make two batches of French fries, frying one in lard and one in bacon grease. The lard-fried batch will be quite yummy, coming out all golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The batch from the bacon grease, however, will clearly be Food of the Gods, as it will not only be golden brown and crispy and tender, it will have that glorious smoky flavor. I wouldn’t flavor green beans with lard, but I would (and I have) used bacon grease on them.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t use bacon grease to make a pie crust, in the unlikely event that I would even attempt such a feat.

I think Bacon-Grease-In-A-Tube® is a hell of a good idea! I mean, haven’t you ever wanted to fry something in bacon grease, but you didn’t have any? And the only way to get some was to fry some bacon, but you didn’t really feel like eating fried bacon just to get the grease? And you didn’t want to fry bacon for the grease and throw it away, because that would be wasteful? I know I have!

<aside>
BTW, is it considered bad SDMB etiquette to unhijack a thread after it’s been thoroughly and completely hijacked?
</aside>

Bacon-Grease-In-A-Tube®! Please, somebody, start selling it so I can buy it!

I see nothing wrong with the name “Dr. SinglePorsche”. In fact, that’s the most brilliant thing I’ve heard or seen all day. Really!

Says a lot about what I do during the day.
Anyway, good to “meat” you Walter. As I’ve seen, weirdness is an everyday occurrence here, so you’ll fit in wonderfully.

Ah, puns, the lowest form of humor. I crack myself up.

Well HELL!!! I’d Have been scared off the boards by now!! LOL

The only flaming done in that post was a severe SELF FLAME! I stated I was the jerk who assumed to speak for more than myself! And I clear up the Beer vs. Bill point because I had overstepped my bounds, and didn’t want someone thinking it was another person. SELF DEPRECIATING HUMOR! My point about CONSIDERING a name change was in the interest of others, who are extremely sentimental (rightly so) about WallyM7. I was polite and kind to Sweet Wally and wrote CLEARLY

He had like seven posts, and may have not known the history. I have e-mailed Ad Noctum since he/she thought I was hammering him/her, but that wasn’t the case either.

Sweet Wally do what you feel is right, obviously. There are folks on both side who will all respect you and your decision. First and foremost is me.

Any questions?

Being the proud owner of a "Makin Bacon " microwave bacon cooker I can tell you that lots of the salt from the bacon is lost in the grease. Not a very good gun oil.

Sweet Wally do what you want.
IMHO thats what WallyM7 would tell you.
As a matter of fact he would probably have made a joke about it.

As far as the product in a tube I would probably buy it. Everytime I get a small supply of it someone around here throws it away.

The old timers used to use a pigs tail to grease their pans.

I’m glad we cleared that up. I don’t think I ever wanna be confused with a Bill.
Ode to Bacon Grease

I left this little thread alone for the evening and it evolved into something quite interesting.

I had pretty much decided to change over to Sweet Walter (Shayna’s suggestion). I have no desire to replace WallyM7, however, Kellibelli’s image of the name Walter is an image worth living up to! Sweet Walter it is!!!

If I’m ever going to carve a spot out for myself among this collection of the mis-firing bucket of synapses that are the SDMB I have to jump in head first with both feet.

(now to pre-re-un-hijack)

French Fries made in bacon grease, Holy Smoke!! Lynn Bodoni, you have lifted me to new culinary heights and I thank you. The thought itself is enough to make the hair on my tongue stand up!

“The Uncles jumped and rumbled.”

– Dylan Thomas; “A Child’s Christmas in Wales”

Ad copy:

Bacon-Grease-In-A-Tube® - The Ultimate in Eat ‘N’ Lube
BTW - Welcome aboard, Sweet Whatever. Enjoy your stay!

Gasp! Heretic!!!

Why buy your bacon grease in a store? After cooking ANY greasy style foodstuff (bacon, burgers, pork chops) I drain the great grease into a glass jar and put it in the fridge. Tehn, when I get those late night cravings for the good stuff, I get up, amd make a GLT (Grease, Lettuce and Tomato) sandwich! I get the super tasty bacon/burger/pork chop taste in every bite!

Although I am often confused with a Beer! Or was that “fused” with a Beer?