[QUOTE=DemocratsSuck]
They take our money, and rob our morality.
[/QUOTE]
Well, I suppose “They take our money” is an allusion to the argument that Democrats raise taxes and waste government money. But what’s the “rob our morality” about? How do Republicans take the high moral ground these days?
[QUOTE=Giles]
But what’s the “rob our morality” about?
[/QUOTE]
I guess if you clicked on the link, you’d find out. I’m not gonna, but you can feel free to go ahead.
To the OP: The SDMB does not approve, and is not supported directly by, each individual ad that comes up; they’re provided by Google Ads. See here if you find one really objectionable, but it’s not at all uncommon for some of the Google Ads to link to sites that promote points of view that a majority of Dopers would [del]consider totally wacko[/del] disagree with.
[QUOTE=Giles]
Well, I suppose “They take our money” is an allusion to the argument that Democrats raise taxes and waste government money. But what’s the “rob our morality” about? How do Republicans take the high moral ground these days?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Giles]
While the Republicans support torture and holding prisoners indefinitely without trial. But I suppose that has nothing to do with morality.
[/QUOTE]
The ad makes me laugh, especially when I think how some Republicans taunted Democrats in 2000 and 2004 with being “sore losers”. Who’s a sore loser now? “Yeah, you guys won both houses of Congress, but I don’t care because DEMOCRATS SUCK! Nah nah nah nah nah! I’m gonna tell everybody I know that you suck! Ha! I guess that’ll show you!”
So would you have any objection to Republicanssuck.com? There is nothing particularly offensive about the ad. No cuss words, no nudidity. Nothing the kiddies can’t look at. If you don’t like it don’t click on it. I didn’t.
[QUOTE=Loach]
So would you have any objection to Republicanssuck.com?
[/QUOTE]
I don’t object to it: I just think it’s funny, and not really the way to win over the iother side. So I think either side would be wasting their money advertising such a site here.
[QUOTE=Rico]
I did click on the ad, just to see what it would lead to.
It’s to a phpBB (bulletin board) titled “Democrats Suck,” and some of the views expressed therein made me, a registered Republican, want to hurl.
[/QUOTE]