[QUOTE=Earthworm Jim]
I can open this page & leave it up all day. Whatever ad was there at the beginning will be there hours later. Assuming the budget gets used up between the time I open the page & the time I click the link, what happens when I click the link? Do I get redirected somewhere else? Does the guy get charged anyway?
[/QUOTE]
Very interesting question that I’d never considered before. Google must have thought of it. I presume you wouldn’t get charged, because none of my campaigns have ever exceeded budget, and usually come in a little under.
That “Democrats Suck” ad is popping up at the bottom of a lot of threads now. Are they paying extra to Google, or what?
[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
That “Democrats Suck” ad is popping up at the bottom of a lot of threads now. Are they paying extra to Google, or what?
[/QUOTE]
It’s a Coulter conspiracy. Aided and abetted by Mother Tucker. ![]()
I seem to remember a few months ago seeing a lot of “Al Franken is stupid” type ads as well.
But, as a previous poster stated, we also see ads that are anti-conservative/Republican/Bush, etc. People have made references to the bizarre links between what the thread title is or the tenor of the conversation. Again, it is based off the keywords. If this thread devolved into people repeating that all Republicans were dog-fuckers, how long would it take for pet ads to show up?
As far as the political leanings of the ads, I couldn’t care less. It’s not like we are actively pursuing the ads.
I just clicked through, to see how ridiculous it could be, but I was just disappointed. It was so… tepid. And stupid. There are maybe a grand total of ten posters and a few dozen single-post threads… and not a single bit of interesting vitriol.
[QUOTE=lazybratsche]
I was just disappointed.
[/QUOTE]
I got a chuckle out of their google ads. Here it is three weeks after the election, and they’re still running ads for Pete Ricketts, who got slaughtered by Democrat Ben Nelson in one of the reddest states in the union.
It might have changed since I glanced at it a few days ago, but I got the impression that the one person who moderates most or all of the fora set it up just to see what kind of reactions he’d get. In other words, it seems to be a whole website based on trollery.
There was very little actual content when I looked at it.
[QUOTE=rjung]
I dunno, I like the idea of taking money from dimwit, brain dead, malevolent right-wing cretins and then using them to fund the SDMB so we can mock their dimwit, brain dead, malevolent right-wing cretin-ness.
Assuming we do take their money, anyway.
[/QUOTE]
Pretty good, rjung. Maybe that’s the way I should have looked at it.
[QUOTE=Ludovic]
I wanna know how someone can rob my morality.
[/QUOTE]
By diluting the meaning of morality to include such coddling namby-pamby relativism as respect for individuals, tolerance of diverse cultures, and responsibility for those less fortunate than ourselves.