Bad-ass walkin' music in movies

I liked how they used The Who’s “The Seeker” for Terence Stamp’s walk in The Limey

My brother designed a jacket that has hidden speakers that play the theme from Shaft and “Stayin’ Alive.” Hot music.

How 'bout the scene from Kill Bill with O-ren ishii and her crew are walking in the hallway at the club? “Battle without honor or humanity” by Tomoyasu Hotei; I think it is track 9 on the soundtrack (vol.1)

Yep. That’s the LA River. The exact spot is about 200 yards from the Gene Autrey Museum. You can see it from the freeway. :smiley:

Pick Up the Pieces - The Average White Band from Swingers (the scene when they are all parking their cars and walking into the club in slow motion)

Tombstone has a great walking scene when Wyatt, Virgil, Morgan, and Doc march off four abreast to the OK Corral. Can’t plasce the music, though.

1. Darth Vader’s Imperial March Theme.

2. Sergio Leone’s whistling theme for the “man with no name”.

3. Bond. James Bond. The end-of-the-gun-barrel walking intro, pivot, and shoot.

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I’ve never been a big fan of Pulp Fiction, but I thought the final scene with Sam Jackson and John Travolta coolly walking out of the diner to the tune of The Lively Ones’ “Surf Rider” made for a *perfect * ending. The song was recorded by several bands, including the Ventures, but any version inevitably reminds me of that scene.

Incidentally, that makes two Travolta nominations so far. Clearly he belongs in the Pantheon of Bas-Ass Movie Walkers.

No love for the Peter Gunn Theme?!? I know that’s been used before, but where? I mean, besides the original show.

The tribal drum & flute song playing at the beginning of Gangs of New York when they’re walking through the church to go out to the street is stirring. One of my favorite movie scenes.

There’s also a nice walking scene in Goodfellas when Ray Liotta is walking through the back of the restaurant to a front row table.

Both Scorsese.

The opening sequence of Desperado, where Steve Buscemi is telling the story to Cheech Marin, at the point where he says “And in walked the biggest Mexican…”

The walking is brief but the music is bad…

whang-WHANG!

The movie is Touch. The wierd thing is I’m reading the book its based on right now.

Colonel Bogey March from *Bridge on the River Kwai * and **Mickey Mouse March ** from Full Metal Jacket.

But the song is “And Then He Kissed Me,” which doesn’t seem like a badass song.

Far too many marching bands. Also, part of The Bishop sketch in Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

I have to cast another vote for the Shaft theme. Man, if I could walk down the street to that…

Actually, I’nm talking about the scene where Napoleon is wearing the god-awful orange suit he got at the second hand store.