Bad-ass walkin' music in movies

This may sound strange but I have a movie fetish.

I love what I call “walkin’ music.”

It may be my favorite movie device. You’ve probably seen several instances of this, where a character is introduced or is about to do something climactic, and a closeup of his alligator shoes or her stiletto heels just a-walkin’ to some cool boppin’ rhythm. Then a cut of them sauntering down a street or through a crowd…

Can you help me remember some so I can add to my collection?

Little Green Bag (mis-titled, by the way - in the song he says “little greenback”) by George Baker. From the beginning of Reservoir Dogs (when all the guys are walking out of the diner.) Definitely my favorite walking music of all time.

It pains me to say it, but “Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees is the one that stands out. John Travolta strutting down the streets of New York…

One more would be “Goin’ Out West” by Tom Waits, used in Fight Club as they show the guys walking down to the basement in Lou’s bar for the first time we actually see the Fight Club in action. The song just screams “badass” with its minor-key twangy guitar lead line and wrong-guy-to-mess-with lyrics:

There’s also, of course, the somewhat overused “Bad to the Bone.”

Truly, this is the scene that defines badass movie-walkin’ music.

“Battles Without Honor and Humanity” from Kill Bill. The movie isn’t two years old, and already it’s a cliche.

Also used in Team America, and some car commercials.

It is a cliche, but its also some cool kick ass music.

The music wasn’t particularly memorable but the best power walk I’ve ever seen was in the Angel episode “Smile Time.” Angel fans know which one I’m talking about…

I don’t know if it’s been used as such but Da Lench Mob’s “Guerillas in tha Mist” would make excellent badass power walk music.

Friend of mine started humming a song he liked as we were walking along and I say, “Hey man, that’s some badass music for walking to!”
“Wah? Wow, yeah the song’s called Walk
“Alrighty then.” :smiley:

By Pantera

During the closing credits of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984), the movie’s heroes are walking in formation around a dry LA aqueduct (the LA River?) to a rather infectious tune, with various closeups on walking feet and nifty moves. According to IMDB.com:

What music did they use for the walking scene in Napoleon Dynamite?

My favorite is the Geto Boys’ “Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangster” from Office Space.

Are you sure about that?

(watch out for popups!)

What about the main theme from The Right Stuff. The shot of the seven astronauts walking is a pretty famous one.
The sound of the clock striking High Noon.
Or

Chih chih chih chih

Cha cha cha cha

You don’t get a much more bad ass walker than Jason.

I came in here with that one on my mind, as well as the power walk with the baby stroller. :slight_smile:

There was a movie about a guy(young monk?) named Juvenal who got stigmata. I think Tom Arnold was in the movie. I seem to remember a good ground level shoe-shot walking scene in it.

What was that movie?

If you mean the montage at the end with Napoleon walking, Kip and Lafawnduh back together, and Pedro with his family it is The Penguin Cafe Orchestra’s Music For a Found Harmonium.

The “Mongo” music from Blazing Saddles when the big lug is walking down the street and knocks out the horse of the first person to challenge him.

Oh, yeah? Check out the opening credits of the original Shaft, with Isaac Hayes’s theme music.