So What Music Was Used to Introduce People in Movies before Kill Bill Came Out?

Is it just me, or is people walking into a room to the tune from Kill Bill rapidly becoming the most over-used scene in cinema? Here’s the tune in question;

Tomoyasu Hotei - “Battle Without Honor Or Humanity”, I’m told. It’s been in everything from Transformers to Maid of Honor, Kung Fu Panda to Team America. Any other examples? I rapidly grow tired of it.

While I agree it’s come up more than average in the past four years (although, still, once a year or so isn’t that much above the average), it’s got a long way to go before it hits Carmina Burana penetration.

Kill Bill Part 2 not so much, but part 1 was essentially a collage of scenes from various B movies from around the world through the last 50 years. I doubt that there was anything original in the whole thing beyond the addition of modern-day Hollywood production values.

It’s a fad that will come and go and come and go, you need have no worry.

In answer to the OP, the theme from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, of course.

Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees. I’m sure there have been many parodies/tributes of John Travolta’s strut down the street in the opening of Saturday Night Fever.

Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood. I don’t know if it was the first use of this music as an “intro” but Arnold’s naked entrance to the bar in Terminator 2 is classic.

That is exactly what I came in here to post. Makes me wish I could whistle better…

Not movies so much but lots of TV shows like to use “Born To Be Wild” Especially if the character is a typical nerd/loser in an unusual situation. (Such as Al Bundy on a motorcycle)