Bad, bad, bad Life in Dump-truck, Ark./ In the good ol' U.S. of A

Extra early risin’.
Have to get to dialysis early because afterwards we go to Texarkana to the Diabetic clinic. Ugh! Doctors. Yay! Freebies.
I have to eat because the Dialysis place has food but only after 8am, my whole eating schedule is now off by a good hour and a half. Oh, joy!

Ivy sez, “Too bad we can’t walk this morning”
I said, no, no it’s not too bad. She’s gonna kill me, that woman is. My lifeless body will be found on the backside of the pond where she cracked the whip once too often. And I just died.

The grandsons woke up when they heard us eating a healthy, complete breakfast. I told them get a cereal bar and go to their Mothers room to watch TV. I’m glad I’m leaving. Someone ain’t gonna wake up happy.

Altho’ the cats protested loudly, all the pets have all pottied and had a snack, we’re good to go.

God I hate early morning. It’s just so depressing til the sun is all the way up. But we’ll probably not have a sunny day.
No winter weather, as predicted. Figured that out when it just kept raining, last night.
Hope no one really needs a gallon of milk this morning cause there ain’t none at a store. No. Where.

On the road. We shoulda left last night. Ivy is driving like there’s a funeral procession. I mentioned 40 might be a bit slow on the highway. I better shut-up or I may be taking that walk, yet.

Got my freebies. Two pokes for blood tests. Recalibrated my pump. I’m
good.
Got Tacos after.

In the way home Ivy drove faster. I’m thinking I’ve exasperated her enough today. She wants out of my car.

Turned into my road and Ivy sez, “We got time for a walk!”

Dump-truck never disappoints.
:blush:

Clearly your fellow Arkansans sensed a French Toast Emergency due to the weather forecast. Around here, whenever a winter storm is predicted, the stores face a run on milk, bread, and eggs.

Exactly

I got distracted when you said “tacos.”

I had to get a blood draw done after my mammogram this morning. Such a fun day! And I used to donate blood several time a year, and I’ve done a ton of pheresis donations, too, and I was always fast. But today? It took forever to fill the vial.

Is this another aging issue???

Possible but more likely simply dehydration.

Is that what the kids are calling it now?

But not toilet paper?

Huh.

knew I should have read the rest of the thread

Ohh, TP, too, but it’s the trio of milk-eggs-bread that makes me think that everybody must be making French toast when a blizzard hits. :wink:

I have, I can’t tell you how much TP hoarded.
It was totally an accident tho’

Somehow I always know it’s you by the thread title, Beck. Your posts always brighten my day, even when you are feeling poorly. I’m so sorry you’re having such tribulations. HUGS

I have an entire case of commercial-grade toilet paper in storage in the basement. I bought it in the early days of the pandemic, when everyone was freaking out about getting their hands on TP (and I certainly didn’t want to run out). We call it our “toilet paper of last resort,” because it’s really unpleasant – it’s thin and rough, and I wouldn’t want to use it unless the only other choice was using junk mail. :wink:

Yeah, my cases of John Wayne paper are stored too.

Warning label attached:

Here in Boston, where it snows in the winter and hits over 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer, there at least used to be – maybe still are – runs on air conditioners in the summer and snow shovels in the winter. Surprise! As if these geniuses had never heard of “seasons.”

This makes me think of my dad. He’d stock up on staples whenever he found them on sale. We had stacks of toilet paper and bar soap. He stocked up on motor oil, too, but I never saw where he stored that.

Well, I am glad, and somewhat envious, that you got tacos. That sounds real good right about now when I realize that I planned nothing for dinner.

Dump-truck. Oh my, that’s a picture. But keep walking while you can.

@nelliebly named it Dump-truck

Not that I’ve ever been there, but your descriptions made the name seem apt.

Yay for tacos! Damn, now I want street tacos. Do you still get Sonic corn dogs now and then?

Good naming job @nelliebly. And, damn it, I still want tacos. I settled for doctored mac & cheese (the cheap stuff) last night.

I do eat them. More of a snack.