Bad Moderation in "Hamas Attacks Israel" MPSIMS thread

One can be a hyperbolic dick about the barbaric activities of an organization, like the IOF, largely composed of Jews, without it being antisemitism. Not every comparison to the Nazis or the Holocaust is about the entisemitism aspect. Sometimes they’re just a marker for barbarism and cruelty.

One can also use the analogy for trolling without actually being antisemitic.

I do know I’ve been called an antisemite enough times in these Israel threads to take all accusations of antisemitism with a Dead Sea-sized pinch of salt. Basically, pro-Israel posters have cried “Wolf!” so much (on me, on B_Bear, on other posters I know are coming at this from a different place than antisemitism) that it would take more than someone getting worked up about IOF atrocities for me to favour their gloss.

So for Crane? Going to need more receipts than just those posts. He would need to actually be saying something negative about Jews as a group, not just the activities of the IOF or analogies to other génocidaires, however grossly wrong they are in relation to historic fact.

Was he trolling for reaction? I’d say yes, and he was modded for it.

Like that’s ever going to happen. Islamophobia is the one prejudice this Board is still largely fine and dandy with - look at the Muhammad cartoon threads or any of the “All Palestinians are Hamas” posts in Gaza ones.