Don’t forget:

Cross Eye Mary
Hymn 43
Teacher
Nothing is Easy
Thick as a Brick
and
Bourée

A-ha and Chris Isaak are definitely contenders for the best entry.

Where as I can name dozens of Yes songs

what no one mentions the ramones ? they had almost 20 albums and I maybe think half a hit ?

But now their songs are well known. The Ramones are the Vincent Van Gogh of rock. Seriously.

I think Rock & Roll High School, I Wanna Be Sedated, Blitzkrieg Bop, are reasonably well known. Maybe Sheena is a Punk Rocker, too.

I’d nominate The Faces. I absolutely adore them and know their entire catalog. I contend they were one of the greatest 70’s rock band of all time. But most folks have no idea who they are and if they do they only know “Stay with Me”.

What a shame.

Three Button Hand Me Down!!!

I really don’t understand people mentioning KISS. Off the top of my head, I can remember:

Rock n Roll All Night
Forever
I Love It Loud
Detroit Rock City
Lick It Up
God gave Rock n Roll To U

I’m not exactly a diehard KISS fan either. I mean I am child of the 80s and I mostly listened
to what was played on MTV. KISS got pretty good airplay on MTV.

Molly Hatchet - Flirtin’ with Disaster

Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen

Baha Men - Who Let the Dogs Out?

Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (If it wasn’t for “Burning Heart” this would be a contender, but they are known for “Eye of the Tiger.”)

Please don’t talk about Frank and or his image in such a way as to promote ignorance.

Talking Heads - Burning Down the House.

That’s their one song to you?? Dude.

I’d say they are about equally well known for other songs such as “Psycho Killer”, “Take Me to the River”, “Once in a Lifetime” and maybe a couple of others.

[quote=“casdave, post:29, topic:792324”]

Rennaisance - 13 Studio albums plus live albums and various collections, but you will only know them from

Northern Lights

[/quote] Good song, but I think of others equally (including Mother Russia, Ocean Gypsy, The Vultures Fly High, A Trip To The Fair, Scheherazade etc.). It's not as if they had a top 40 hit and otherwise labored in obscurity. [quote=Wilson] How about Los Lobos, with La Bamba? [/quote] I thought they had a big hit, Black Is Black, but then realized that was Los Bravos, not Los Lobos. :smack: Los Lobos has done lots of good things that haven't gotten major airplay (including other songs on the La Bamba movie soundtrack such as Come On Let's Go), and offbeat releases like [Kiko and the Lavender Moon](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ornSpLMUzbw), plus what may be the best cover of a Buddy Holly song ever (Midnight Shift).

“Josie” is one the songs I’d take with me to a desert island.

Todd Rundgren - YouTube

Jimmy Buffet?

Donna Summer had a good number of albums but few people know anything more than “Hot Stuff”

Steve Miller. Final answer.