bannana bike seats and nerf footballs (long)

Wrong gender here for me…is there a male equivalent?

YOU KNOW YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL OF THE 70’S IF: 1. You wore that rainbow shirt that was half-sleeves and the rainbow went up one sleeve, across your chest and down the other.

1. You made baby chocolate cakes in your Holly Hobbie Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with The Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.

2. You had that Fisher Price Doctor’s kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. After training with these tools you became an expert at the game of “operation”.

3. Legos, Legos, Legos

4. You owned a schwin bicycle with a floral banana seat and a basket. In the early 80’s you moved onto the ever popular 10 speed. God that seat hurt.

5. Your roller skates had metal wheels.

6. Admit it…you thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute. You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

7. You had rubber boots for rainy days. Your shoes actually fit inside of the boots (with a little help from your Mom and some plastic bags).

8. You had sea wees in your bath tub.

9. You had either a “bowl cut” or a “pixie” because your mom was sick of braiding your hair. How traumatic when people thought you were a boy.

10. Your Holly Hobby sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

11. You wore a “poncho” with your faux fur"muff" and your clogs.

12. You begged Santa for the electronic game…Simon.

13. You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.

14. You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.

15. You were into ping pong.

16. You had homemade braided ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

17. You kept losing your mittens so your mom bought you the kind that were attached by a string.

18. Your Hello Kitty pencil case was cuter than anyone

19. You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffled shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture. You despised Nelle Olson!

20. You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.

21. You tried to make sure that no boys would grab the comb out of your back pocket and skate away at the roller rink.

22. Your hairstyle was ever described as having “wings”.

23. You thought Shaun Cassidy actually wrote the songs “Da Do Run Run” and “Hey There Lonely Girl”.

24. Strawberry Shortcake and her friends Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.

25. You couldn’t wait to be old enough to wear high-heeled shoes…the one’s called “Yo Yo’s” with the plastic heel with a hole through it!!

26. You carried a Muppets lunch box to school.

27. You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazard was your boyfriend.

28. You memorized every song on the"Annie" movie and know at least one person who immediately went out and got the Annie afro. Every now and then “Its A Hard Knock Life” will pop into your brain and you can’t stopsinging it all day.

29. You had Star Wars action figures,too.

30. You thought unicorns were real.

31. It was a big event in your household each year when the “Wizard of Oz” would come on TV. Break out the popcorn and’sleeping bags!

32. You wanted to be a part of the Von Trappe family.

33. Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

34. You loved The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe so much you got the whole Chronicles of Narnia series for Christmas and read them cover to cover.

35. You crawled in a wardrobe somewhere and actually believed for a few seconds that you were on your way to Narnia.

36. You completely wore-out your Grease and Saturday Night Fever soundtrack albums.

37. You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn & popsicle stick God’s Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

38. Shrinky-dinks! What was so appealingabout these? I loved the Raggedy Anne & Andy shrinky dinks. I still remember how the oven smelled when they were “baking”.

39. You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your miniature tape recorder up to the speaker.

40. You couldn’t wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Scholastic book orders your teacher would give you. Remember? The order catalogs looked like miniature newspapers.

41. You learned everything you needed to know about sex and your period from Judy Blume books.

Obviously the c in rap
is silent
Dwyer-Land

Oh my… works for me. You mean he didn’t write da-do-run-run?!?

I didn’t have one of those rainbow shirts, but I sure as hell wanted one. Bad. My Mom wouldn’t buy me one.

My mom just sent me my sea-wees. I put 'em on the ledge of my bathtub.

I don’t even have a sister but I got just about all the references except “light as a feather, stiff as a board.” My WAG is Dippity Do™

I’ll have to come up with a '70s boy equivlent. I’m the only one I know that laughs his ass off at That '70s Show. My parents are still puzzled why I call them Kitty and Red.

Light as a feather, stiff as a board is something people do at slumber parties: Someone lies on the ground and closes their eyes, while everyone else puts a finger underneath. They chant “Light as a feather, stiff as a board,” while trying to lift the person.

c.f. The Craft

I completely forgot about the Scholastic book orders and the posters - I loved the day that the books arrived in a big box and the teacher would match them with the orders and hand them out.

Do they still do Scholastic orders in schools or is it a thing of the past?

Priceless. I’m sending this to my sister. Good job, Beagleboy.

DAMN YOU! I’d succesfully forgotten my childhood and here it comes roaring back!

I’ll be there
Where I’ll teach what I’ve been taught
And I’ve been taught…

Holly Hobbie EZ Bake!
Strawberry Shortcake!
Shrinky Dinks!
Scholastic books!
I’m sure my neighbor thinks I’m having some real good sex down hear after how many times I’ve shouted “yes!” reading the OP! What a great find, beagleboy!

Oops! I meant “really good sex”. Sorry grammar police! :slight_smile:

ooo, I FORGOT about those braided barrettes…jeez, I had SO many.

This definitely was me.

trisha

that’s me all over, except don’t forget you used to make the “chh-chh-chh-chh” noise when you ran, like the Bionic Woman. And you hid behind the couch when your parents watched Planet of the Apes. (Scary!)