Barney and Scooter are getting married

With marriage equality coming to NY, Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka are getting married. Congrats to them!

NPH’s fiancé plays a muppet?

Scooter was Lily (“How I Met Your Mother”) last bf before Marshall.

I had absolutely no idea that’s who NPH’s boyfriend was. Of course they would play the two most women-obsessed (or woman-obsessed in Scooter’s case) on HIMYM.

So why did they wait for New York State to make the change? They could have married in several other states earlier.

I think people are reading a lot into something he didn’t actually say. He’s not getting married right now and he’s definitely not getting married just because NY has gay marriage.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20505702,00.html

Holy crap, THAT Scooter? LOL

Is there any benefit to getting married in a state other than the one you live in if it doesn’t recognize out of state marriages?

New York has recognized out of state same-sex marriages since 2008.

Really? Your article seems to suggest the only obstacle was waiting for it to become legal:

presents.

He publicly acknowledged his engagement… which happened five years ago. I doubt he was waiting on NY as that wouldn’t make any sense.

If he wasn’t waiting on NY he would have gotten married shortly after his engagement.

I thought this thread was going to be about two muppets getting married on Sesame Street, and I thought: There goes the PBS funding!

But why would he wait on NY? He doesn’t live there and neither does his family.

This article refers to him as a “New York resident”.