barometric pressure

I know what it is,I’m wondering about extremes. Its usually at 30.00. If it went really low,like below 28.00,what would the effects be on the human body(besides keeping away from the hurricane)? Also,what if it were too high,say 33.00? Thank you.

The human body can withstand some very large changes in ambient pressure. For example scuba divers routinely dive to a depth of 130 feet and the pressure at that depth is about 74 PSI (5 atmospheres) as opposed to about 14.7 PSI at sea level.
It’s possible to withstand much greater increases, but other factors come into play that tend to impose limits.

At 28.00, it would be like standing on a ‘Mountain’ ~1920’ tall. Assuming a standard day and lapse rate of course.

A point in every direction is like no point at all

I forgot to add, figure about 1000’ per inch (Hg) of pressure. That is above sea level of course.

*Oblio: I forgot to add, figure about 1000’ per inch (Hg) of pressure. That is above sea level of course. *

So when I went hiking on the Crag Crest Trail in the Grand Mesa National Forest (Colorado) at 11,000 ft ASL, the pressure was only 19" Hg? Wow! That’s about 9 psi, right? No wonder I felt puffy. :slight_smile: