Bay Area Straight Dopers

Count me in. And hey, SF IS beautiful. The trick is to not live in the city so you can still enjoy all the touristy crap. And I concur with Sassy on the evenings/weekend point.

“The world is not five hours old and evil has already entered it” - Aslan
The Magician’s Nephew

I am from San Jose and would venture forth to your fair city. Anything to get away from the puter nerds I am surrounded by…but what I really want to know…is there an age limit?

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

I don’t see any reason why there should be any age bracket or anything. I just want to make it clear that I’m not buying any booze for anyone underage. I’ve been a stick-in-the mud all my life so far and see no reason to change now. :wink:

errr…ummm I was thinking in the other direction LOL I don’t mind if there is a feeling that having old ppl around will spoil the fun.

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Whoa!! Dirty Devil was joking, so was I. I see that my post was in poor humor. I just don’t want the rap for hijacking this thread.

If your about 16 or so, please bring your Mom. (insert smiley face here)

Yeah, pooch, our jokes are going nowhere. Hey everybody, for the record, neither of us has a problem with any age group, or anybody else for that matter. If you can get your butt to the restaurant, you’re welcome to join us.

Now let’s work on where we’re going to meet and when. I’ll look into some places this weekend and post again on Monday. I’d rather not go to Stonestown (why come to SF and go to a mall?), but I will look for somewhere near both Muni and BART. Anyone else have any suggestions off the top of their heads?

Hey guys, This place seems pretty cool. It’s called Moonshine. Here’s the review: http://mapquest.digitalcity.com/sanfrancisco/dining/venue.dci?vid=18402

“The world is not five hours old and evil has already entered it” - Aslan
The Magician’s Nephew

Broadway is a little iffy in the PM…how about something at the new Metreon? It’s sorta near BART and I guess they have some restaurants…anyone have any more info?