BE KIND, REWIND by Michel Gondry - this looks AWESOME!

Trailer for “Be Kind, Rewind” is here.

I just saw this for the first time and it look fantastic. It’s by **Michel Gondry ** (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Science of Sleep) and stars **Jack Black ** and **Mos Def ** as two guys working at a video store. Black somehow erases all of their VHS tapes by being super-magnetic or something, and the plot seems to take off from there (watch the trailer to find out what, I don’t want to spoil it.)

This has been in the works for ages so I assumed it would fall flat (despite the intriguing premise) – but it looks hilarious. Mos Def is totally underrated.

I had heard about this for a while, but had a hard time visualizing how it would work. The trailer is very encouraging. :slight_smile:

45 seconds into the trailer, it looked mid-wobbilingly stupid.

It got better. I’ll certainly see it.

It looks interesting, and funny but . . . tapes? Maybe it’s set twenty years ago.

I was pretty disappointed by The Science of Sleep. But this looks awesome. Especially since it’s real movies, not made up ones.

I think that tapes are supposed to be part of the charm. You still ocassionally see little neighborhood tape rental places like that.

looks great, I can’t wait

It better be set in the early 90’s. It looks like it might be.

Anyone else notice how much Jack Black looks like Weird Al? It’s uncanny.

In the preview it shows them remaking Rush Hour 2. So it atleast takes place inthe early 00s

The best movies are often the ones in which the actors/writers are having the most fun.

This looks like it’s going to be great.

The movie looks fun…but damn the musak in the background of the trailer is annoying.

Danny Glover. Ten to one there’s a Lethal Weapon joke.

Now that you mention it, I think I’ll be quite disappointed if there isn’t.