Beads (Like I Need This)

Ah, beads. I get most of mine on e-bay; when I was making jewelry to sell it was a lot cheaper than buying beads at Hobby Lobby or such. A 15 inch strand of amethyst was $7 at the store, I could get it for $2 online.

I still have thousands of beads sitting neglected in the spare room; all my creative time has gone into scrapbooking.

wanders off into spare room

I love Fire Mountain Gems! I made all the jewelry for my daughter’s wedding this June. I found out some bridesmaid-type girls don’t know how to measure a wrist. And I do tons of homecoming/prom jewelry. Now that I have my weaving studio in the basement, I can hide multitudes of beads, yarn, and other goodies down there out of sight of my husband.

I learned to knit with beads this year. I really needed another thing to stash. However, on the whole, seed beads are cheaper than yarn. On the whole. Well, at least they do take up less space. Kind of.

If you google “bead supplier massachusetts” you’ll see a number of them come up. You’ll find several in RI too. I know Southbridge is near the edge of the earth, but you ought to be able to get to a bead store once in a while.

I don’t know why I keep reading this thread, I’m still recovering from that chick flick episode :smack:

Well, thank God they weren’t marbles.

I make a bracelet or necklace at least once a week, if not more. I don’t go for overly complicated stuff, but now I have a memory bracelet in almost every color, as well as necklaces. I plan to learn to make rings next. I don’t use yarn at all, just either memory wire, or the stretchy wire, or the metal wire.

Right now I am wearing a bracelet and a necklace I made myself. I don’t do earrings; I prefer wearing simple hoops for earrings.

You know you’re going to have to buy a bead loom now, right?