Beatles tunes that should have gotten more airplay/recognition/acknowledgment

Tomorrow Never Knows. So so far ahead of its time,

Last time I heard this broadcast was in a Mad Men episode (perfect choice, and cool of the rights-holders to give the OK). I don’t think I’ve ever heard it on the radio. Maybe they’re afraid it will blow people’s minds – who knows what could happen!

I agree with “Old Brown Shoe” and “I Me Mine.” I’ll add “Because” to the list.

I’ve always had a soft spot for “The Word”. It has that little bit of funkiness to it that always makes me dance around the house when it comes on.

“Hey Bulldog” is a great choice, but my vote goes to another song from “Yellow Submarine:” “It’s All Too Much.”

Love all the feedback that starts the tune. One of George’s best!

I don’t think it was kindness in their heart that allowed it, but a butt-load of scratch.

Liked how “Think For Yourself” has that (first ever?) fuzz bass.
Mr. Lukin (Mudhoney) nods in approval

Also super-DUPER like the harmonizing in the verses.

“I Don’t Want to Spoil the Party” has always been a favorite of mine that doesn’t get enough love.

Whoa. A quarter mil. That is some mad cheddar.

The Stones’ “Satisfaction” was a few months earlier.

A few months *after *“Think for Yorself,” the Stones did one more fuzz-bass song: “Think.” Another good song, and maybe the similar titles aren’t a coincidence.

(True, the fuzz sound on Satisfaction is a guitar, while for the two “Thinks,” it really is a bass…so you may be right about George’s song from Rubber Soul being the first.)

Helter Skelter gets too much love, IMHO. For out-and-out rock on The White Album, I much prefer Everybody’s Got Something To Hide 'Cept For Me And My Monkey.