Beckdawrek and the bad bad bad problem. (Or can Dopers really help?)

So sorry you are having a difficult time Beck. I agree with Mikkel about a bit of depression. Can you take up a new hobby. Maybe something you always wanted to do but never got around to it like cat trainer. Maybe you could look back on all your posts and do some writing, maybe a collection of Dawrek’s greatest hits. Finds something you want to do and do it.

Thank you all.
I’m feeling alot better. I have to have a test done today to see if my chronic infection is clearing up.
I dread it but I also want to know the results. So I go with a happy heart.

You guys are so nice.
Love you all.

Honestly, I think you have just cause to feel put-upon. You’re seriously ill, but your husband pretends it isn’t happening and goes off on hunting trips, expecting you to hold down the fort while he’s off drinking and scratching. Your kids care for you, but also tend to dump their problems on you. Having a whole houseful of adults and kids for a great deal of time during the pandemic didn’t help. And then there’s the illness, which takes away a good bit of your control of your body.

In a way, you’re being treated like a 3-yr old by your family. They love you and care for you, but give you no ownership of your life and choices. They want to dictate when you rest, what you eat, what you do.

Oh, and don’t discount meds and the combination you’re on potentially messing with your brain. It happens.

StG

And those constant Bigfoot attacks.

Hi Beck, I’m so sorry to hear this. I spent a few years with depression that got really, really bad, to the extent that I was considering checking myself in for an assessment. What I did instead was get on meds and started a couple of years of therapy. You may or may not be depressed but having a qualified therapist, even as an outlet, may help.

If I’m repeating advice already made, my apologies.

You still feeling better?

I am @BigT .
Thanks for asking

Everyone ignored the elephant in the room.

The farting elephant who tries to pick his nose with his huge feet!

COVID colors everything, still. The constipated rollout of the vaccine adds more depression to an already-miserable mess.

The TV is vomiting crap every time you turn it on.

Then you add your personal physical struggles to the soup…Jeez, Bekkers, why wouldn’t you be crazy?

Clean up the infection, watch your BG like a hawk, and love up that houseful of babies. Even the grown babies.

Then take Bayliss for a walk, and vent your troubles to him. I bet he’s a magnificent listener!

Love you, Beck. I really do.

~VOW

See you at The Sharper Image!

You’re stopping at the wrong gas stations. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A chat with a medical doctor in addition to the therapist. If this one is mostly the Prince of Platitudes, change therapists.

If you’re seriously worried about your mentation, find a Neurologist and get yourself deeply examined. Including imaging. If you have early cognitive issues that are biological in nature you REALLY want to have a baseline image of your brain.

And hell yeah, remain here. You’re a champeen Doper.

Becky, I love you. Feel better.

Mikey*

• And nobody else gets to call me that.

Thank you sweetie.
You always make me smile, Mikey.
I love you too

Would any stores want murals showing people shopping? Maybe with or without masks.

I’ve wondered that very thing.
Walmart had a bunch of big signs inside showing folks with masks on.

You have denim projects to work on, or in.

There you go ! Loosly fitting denim so you can flash Walmart bag boys.

Beck I hope you can beat the chronic infection. I know all to well how miserable UTI’s can be. Feeling like that for an extended time must be almost intolerable.
I can’t offer any advice. Your already getting the best possible medical care.
Spring will be here in a few more weeks. Perhaps the better weather will help you feel less shutin and isolated. I try to sit outside on the deck anytime the weather is warm. Just getting out of the house is refreshing.

Holy cow. Walked in 8inches of snow to take the dogs out. They weren’t too sure about it. The Chihuahuas were up to their chins.
Bayliss romped like a puppy til he figured out his feets were freezing.
Hmmmm? He needs boots. Nah. That’s just silly.

Thanks @aceplace57, I’ve improved and feel better.

Yup, Arkansas is breaking records for wind chill and snow. :cold_face: More coming in a couple days.

I’m glad to hear you’re doing better.