Beethoven with a Salsa beat? Anyone know the Artist?

On NPR the last few weeks, I’ve heard snippets of what sounds like Beethoven played with a latin or salsa beat. Searching NPR’s web site has turned up nothing. Today, at the tail end of Fresh Air, I heard what was certainly Beethoven’s 5th Symphony, but it was really fresh and funky.

Anyone have any leads on who is doing those songs?

Thanks,
JOhn.

Hmm. Any chance it might be something by ‘bond’? (If it isn’t, and you like that type of music, I would reccomend you pick up their CD.)

<< Anything not nailed down is a cat toy. >>

My partner has just about everything by Bond, and it’s not them. They are cool, though.

Thanks!
JOhn.

Might be Senor Coconut? Covers popsongs and stuff with a salsa beat; “Smoke on the Water,” etc. Real hoot. Favorite: his entire album of Kraftwerk covers done in Salsa style. I wonder if he has something new out?

Thank you thank you thank you!

I’ve been trying to find out who that group was for ages! I saw a music video and loved the sound, but missed seeing the name at the end, and I never saw it again!

I’m going out to buy some music tomorrow!

No, I don’t think that’s it. He appears to be more of a novelty act, though I will have to take a listen to his songs when I have access to a computer with speakers.

I’ve emailed Fresh Air to see if they can tell me. No word yet.

Thanks,
JOhn.