Begin the funeral dirge

Less than a week until I turn 30.

I already consider myself a 30-year-old. This is odd, because I never considered myself to be an age until I was that actual age.

At least I look young. It’s all that Oil of Olay, you know… :wink:

• s.e.

OoooOOOh, you’re just turning 30. My first thought was “it happened - he got laid off.”

30’s nothing. At least, that’s what I tell myself.

:eek: I never thought the subject line could have been interpreted that way… ::runs and cowers in the corner::

• s.e.

Deaaarly beloved,
We gather here to say our - goodbyyyyyes (dies irae, dies illa)
Here she liiiiiiiiiies…

Leave it to a flaming queen to insert a showtune reference. :wink:

• s.e.

Scott:

Um… not to besmirch thy concerns, but being a 31 year old gay man with ms who just ceased being married, I can say life does not end or stop moving on.

You’ve got quite the following on here. Soak up the love and move forward. You can do it.

Warmest Regards,

Hastur

Hastur, my love…

I’m not upset about it at all. I really don’t care one way or the other… :slight_smile:

• s.e.

Oh, thank goodness! whew! My first thought was the same as Athena’s was.

I can’t say anything one way or the other about turning 30, since I’m only 25, but I hope that you will at least continue to be young at heart. (even if you don’t feel so young) :wink:

F_X

:eek:

Matt, maybe what Hastur means is that he was married to a woman, found out he was gay, and then just divorced his now ex-wife?

F_X

P.S. If the use of “found out he was gay” offends anyone, I’m sorry… I don’t know the correct terminology to use in these sorts of situations.

I turned 30 a couple of months ago but because I’m still in school (perpetual grad student-- depressing) I can’t get over the fact that I’m over 23. I realized the other day that I’ve been in school twice as long as my fifth year seniors! And I get surpised when I wake up with hangovers. . .

Actually, that’s me. Only I was 32 when it happened last year. Here’s the story. And it wasn’t so much finding out I am gay as it was I quit denying it and trying to change it.

Flam, Hastur has made several references to his husband on the board. I must be out of the loop if they’ve broken up. :frowning:

When you’re turning forty…or more…I’ll help you lament. Right now you sound positively exciting. Thirty? Heh.

Might as well be twenty. It’s just a matter of perspective! :wink:

I have removed a post that seemed to be dealing with personal matters. Please keep private matters out of this message board thank-you-very-much.

Matt’s quite correct.

My marriage of a year and a half ended two days ago.

I guess these things happen. As amicable as it has been, I don’t think people can generally be prepared for something of this nature.

My longest relationship has existed from November of 1999 until May of 2002.

At least for the duration and the work we put into the relationship it was worth it.

But as some relationships are like Family Ties or Home Improvement where you can’t wait for them to be over, this was more like the Mary Tyler Moore show where things seemed to end at a high point.

Quel dommage.

“I see dead people”

“No, son, those are just thirty-year-olds”

Sorry scott, couldn’t resist. And it isn’t even original, I stole it from a greeting card. And I’m way over thirty!

Matt, thanks for the heads-up. I just didn’t know the story, so no offense intended, Hastur. :slight_smile:

(looking around) 30? They’re letting children in here now?