Being a grown-up is no fun.

Huh? Yeah we do! Hooray! I’m planning on sleeping in tomorrow, probably til about midday.

That sounds like me when I was 5.

Being a grown up is the best thing I’ve done all lifetime.

Maybe you need to be doing the whole grown up thing differently? Go buy yourself a toy. You’re a grown up, you can do it!

On a good day, which would be Saturday, I get to sleep in until 7:30 when the small people insist that I feed them. (the furry four legged ones want fed also, but they’re far less verbal about it and therefore easier to ignore, except for the whole stomping on my face thing)

I was going to buy a toy. I had been thinking of getting a pop-up camper. My toy money is paying for the backhoe in my yard this morning. The backhoe will hopefully mean that tomorrow I can shower and flush the toilet. Wheee.

I’m starting to think I should buy a backhoe! That *would *be fun. You see, this is the third time in under two years that I’ve had to pay for such implements to dig up my yard and do expensive things. Two seperate yards - we sold a house last year. For the house to sell, we had to have the sewage clean out dug up and replaced. Fine, one backhoe later, we passed the dye test. Then the gas company pulled our meter. Another backhoe job later we had a new, code-approved riser pipe. We moved to the new house. The sewage backed up twice in four months, and then was silent (but deadly?) until yesterday.
Oh, and there was the water heater that went kablooey, no backhoe necessary.

I’m tired of spending all my money on boring grownup things like electricity and heat and healthy food and backhoes that I don’t get to operate myself.

Sez you.

Actually, I never had any interest in ice cream for breakfast until it was expressly forbidden by Mrs. Magill.

Mrs. Magill and I are also eagerly awaiting for that day, five years from now when all the kidlettes will be old enough to get up, go downstairs quitely, and fix themselves breakfast on Saturday morning.

We sympathize with this one. Our daughter has to have an insulin injection at 7am every morning. 5 days a week, they have school and I have work, so we’re all up anyway. Sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday is a thing of the past until she gets her insulin pump.

I just want you to know that my better half laughed really hard at this statement. But it’s so true!

I told him “dont be in such a hurry, is not so fun”.

I also, like being an adult, but i also liked being a four year old (High school sucked though) so why rush it?

There’s a great scene at the end of Shrek 2 which I loved, even though I am not a parent. Spoilers, though I’m not boxing them:

SHREK 2 SPOILER:

At the end, when they have the babies, they finally they get the babies down to bed, and they look at each other. Fiona says “What should we do now?” And Shrek gets a lecherous look in his eyes. “I have an idea…”

Cut to a shot of both of them snoring loudly on the bed.

So true!

I don’t want to hijack, but have you looked into the Omni Pod? My wife switched from the pump to that about 6 months ago and really likes it.
As for being a grown up? Most of those things that grown ups get to do that kids don’t? Those go away when you have kids of your own.

Grown-up > Kid.

Another pro-grownup here. Besides the other reasons mentioned, people aren’t allowed to harass and abuse you as an adult the way other kids are allowed to when you are a kid.

Also; while you do have problems as an adult, you have both the freedom and resources to solve them. As a kid, most of the time you can’t do anything but just take it.

[hijack] She’s getting an Animas 2020. She tried the Omni Pod, but for some reason doesn’t like it. :confused: [byejack]

Unless they’re rich grown-ups. I doubt Bill Gates had to decide between them.

Again, depends on what they do for a living.

I don’t mean to nitpick, but I like to think that life is full of possibilities, so saying that being a grown-up comes with poor choices is something I’d have to disagree with.

As a grown-up, I get to run my life the way I want to. And by I, I mean my wife.

But sex and orgasms are fun!

And I don’t have to hang out with idiots anymore.