Being overwieght...

How is that funny? I see nothing contradictory of his statement in what you said. You dropped two meals a day- Less calories and lost weight. Amazing. Calories in was less than calories burned. How is that funny or startling?

Also eating one meal a day is not good. There is no way that you are getting all the vitamins and other micronutrients that your body needs. You are not getting the calories you need for simple body function nor are you going to be getting all the macronutrients you need like protien and Essential fatty acids.
What you are doing is starving your body. Your BMR will drop to compensate for the starvation, and your body will conserve energy in whatever way it can.
2/3 of your weightloss was muscle and possibly bone density. (due to calcium deficits) I don’t see how that is a good thing.

Hey, it’s your body though, just dont subtely suggest it as a way to lose weight. The purpouse of the SDMB is to fight ignorance, not spread it.

Is doing this good for your digestive process? I mean, aren’t you diluting your stomach acids greatly–effecting how efficiently they break down your food? I’m not a doctor…it’s just a gut feeling I have about this…

No, drinking water does not dillute any of your stomach acid. Water is absorbed rather quickly in your intestines, and what ever is superfulous is excreted by the kidneys (urine). An old trick to tell if you are getting enough water is to check the color of your urine. If it is dark yellow, you need more. If it is pure/clear, you are fine (and if you are unrinating more than twice an hour, you are probably taking in too much water).