Ben and Jerrys, Sold?

I was busy in the bathroom tonight and I’d swear I heard the guy on the news (in the other room) say that B&J’s had been sold. Tell me it ain’t so. I went to their website, http://www.benandjerrys.com/co-index.tmpl and found no mention of it.
I was hallucinating, right?
Peace Pop,
mangeorge

Work like you don’t need the money…
Love like you’ve never been hurt…
Dance like nobody’s watching! …(Paraphrased)

Well they were looking for a buyer, so I imagine it’s true. Seems the boys want to retire from the business. WHATever.

I just want to know what will happen to my Chubby Hubby?!!

I also hear that they were looking for a new CEO a few years ago, but no one wanted the job because the pay is so low, that they could earn only a certain multiple of the lowest-paid employee.

It didn’t affect B&J, as they were the stockholders, and already had their money.

Again, don’t know if that’s true.

Actually Mjollnir,
You have it exactly right. When I was in business school we did Ben and Jerry’s as a business case, and I remember there was some lame rule like ‘the CEO can only earn 12x as much as the lowest paid employee’, or something like that written into the corporate by-laws. You know, I can respect their principles, because God knows there are sure a lot of idiot CEOs in the world who are overpaid, but there is also some truth to the fact that you ‘get what you pay for’, so they are really only screwing themselves.

And yes, while we had lots of ‘granola people’ at U.T. Austin who said they would gladly take that job, I guarantee you that once they start traveling 90% of the time, never seeing friends and family, and all the other crap that CEOs and top company executives do put up with, they’ll quickly change their tune to “why the hell is the head guy at Hagen Daz flying around in his own corporate jet while I have to fly coach on Valujet?”

Here’s an article on the story.
http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/business/dailynews/benandjerrys991202.html

Ya know, The big money always fuckin’ wins. Always.
And as for the poor CEO’s and their $2mil-$200mil+ jobs, excuse me while step aside and shed a little tear.
Any B&J workers out there? I’d like to hear from you.
Peace,
mangeorge

But WHAT ABOUT THE PHISH FOOD! NOBODY MENTIONED THE PHISH FOOD!

Meow.