Best Babylon 5 lines

Lyta: “Captain … they’re pissed.”

“You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn’t it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.”

Marcus Cole, Ranger to Franklin, A Late Delivery from Avalon (Googled, God knows, I don’t have the memory for this…)

Does anyone remember exactly what he says after trashing that bar? It was something about “his instructors saying he was always so full of anger”.

“Humor is such a subjective thing.” – Emperor Cartagia

“G’Quan wrote: ‘There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future, or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.’” - G’Kar

Marcus: My instructors always said I had a lot of repressed anger.

Dr. Franklin: And now?

Marcus: I’m no longer repressed!

“Faith manages”

“If I take a lamp and shine toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume the light on the wall is god. But the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing. What we perceive as god is the by produce of our search for god. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and unblemished - not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes, we stand in front of the light and assume we are the center of the universe. God looks astonishingly like we do; or turn to look at our shadow and assume all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose, which is use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and all it flaws. And in so doing, better understand the world around us.”

• G’Kar

Mollari: You’re ships are very impressive in the air or in space, but right now they are on the ground

Morden: Thats right mollari, and thats were they’re staying. And they can detect an incoming ship miles away. So, what are you going to do Mollari? Blow up the island?

Mollari: Actually, now that you come to mention it…
Click…BOOM!

G’Kar : “The universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is not narn or human or centauri or gaim or minbari. It speaks in the language of hope.”
“It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. The small, still voice that says: ‘We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star. … We are one. No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear. … We are one.’ Here, gathered together in common cause, we begin to realize this singular truth and this singular rule that we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.”
“We are one.”

Quote found here (search on “speak”)I only dimly remember it and this text didn’t move me quite as much as I recall when I saw the episode, anyone know if this text is accurate?

G’Kar “You didn’t ask the price … for my co-operation.”
Molari “You are not exactly in a position to bargain, G’Kar.”
G’Kar “Neither are you. You want my help … for the sake of your people. I will give it … for the sake of my own. If I remove the monster from your throne, you will remove the monster … from my world. Leave Narn, set my world free. Promise me this, and I will do as you ask.”
Molari “You have my word.”

Begin passthru: ‘Grey’ on witness stand in judicial proceeding.

Human speaks to the Judge “His great grandfather abducted and tortured my great greandfather”

While most of the line threads are shameless knockoffs, a B5 thread is always welcome. As to the rest of them :rolleyes: .

Here are two quotes discussed but not provided

My personal favorites:
“Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future … and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future … or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have care for one another, because if we don’t, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope … that there can always be new beginnings … even for people like us.” - Susan Ivanova

“From time to time, you will make mistakes. They’re inevitable. Sometimes those mistakes will be … huge. What matters is that you learn from them. At times, you may end up far away from home. You may not be sure of where you belong anymore. But home is always there. Because home is not a place. It’s wherever your passion takes you.” - John Sheriden

“Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?”
– Garibaldi to a Supervisor in Babylon 5:“Grey 17 is Missing”

Londo: “The Maker has gifted us with great big eyes, and great big scanners, and great big ah … well that is no concern of yours. Look is there someone else you can go and harass? My life is so full of joy as it is.”

Londo: “This is like being nibbled to death by … um … pah … What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers. Long bill. Webbed feet. Go ‘quack’?”
Vir: “Cats.”
Londo: “Cats. I’m being nibbled to death by cats.”–Chrysalis

Vir: “I thought the purpose of filing these reports was to provide accurate intelligence.”
Londo: “Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics.”–Point of No Return

G’kar (my favorite character): No Dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once, we will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free."–The Long, Twilight Struggle

(About Vir) They say you have a well deserved humility, whatever that means.

This is the kind of conversation that can only end with gunfire
Zathras have bad beginning, probably have bad ending. At least there is symmetry

Do not pound the book of G’Quan

Thump. “Do not thump the book of G’Quan. It is disrespectful.”

Kosh: “And so it begins.”

Sinclair: “Hello old friend.”

Garibaldi: “Wanna see my second most favorite thing in the universe?”

“Get us the Hell out of here!”.

“Initiating getting-the-Hell-out-of-here manuever.”

Ivanova and Lenier

I’m impressed.

I’m impressed by the depth of the writing in Babylon 5. The characters seem real- they have many aspects, and are consistent within themselves and the story. Watching G’Kar and Londo both evolve into something greater was exquisite, and the fact that their storylines meshed so well with all the others showed that a lot of care was put into the production of the series.

I’m impressed by all the responses; everyone else seems to share the feeling that Bablyon 5 was something special in visual media. More than a series, it’s much like a beloved novel put to the screen in full detail- no condensing to a 2-hour format, or a mini-series touching on just the main events of the story. And everyone has a favorite part, one that touches them in a meaningful manner. (Not like that!)

I’m impressed by the fact that everyone took this thread seriously with all the joke “Best Line” threads pissing people off on the boards.

Thanks.

“If you go to Z’Ha’Dum, you will die.”

The bit wher G’Kar breaks his chains in the Centuri court.