Best ending to a TV series ever.

Well, maybe some people don’t realize that their favourite shows have ended.

The start of the article says where and when Chase revealed the ending :

“The creator of “The Sopranos” came clean about the show’s ambiguous ending in a book published this week.”

Where in the book?

Thread on TV series finales from just last month.

I’ll just quote myself from that thread:

Yeah, I’ll go with St. Elsewhere, too…although Newhart is definitely equal to it.

The worst one had to be Seinfeld; it was ridiculously dumb. And the fact that Crossing Jordan didn’t even get a series finale was also ridiculously dumb.

Man, I really did not like the end of “The Shield”. I thought that show was absolutely awesome, but the “In like a lion, out like a lamb” ending was way too luke warm for my taste.

He was a protagonist/antagonist depending on how you looked at it, and the resolution was neither glorification, nor condemnation. To me, that’s a cop out, real life scenario or not. Nothing ended at all, it just went into a state of suspended boring-ness.

As much as some might see the ending to OZ as a writer’s easy way out, I thought it was a credible way to a) change the venue, b) change the dynamic of the prison population in general, and c) create a suitable event for the show to go out on.

FTR, the ending of “Arrested Development” has to come in a close second, mostly due to the forthcoming movie.

Up there, definitely up there.

Yes. Clip shows are filler episodes used when the writers can’t come up with new ideas on their own. They aren’t finale episodes.

And therefore Vic’s purgatory. Befitting a man who was both good and evil, but always a man of action.

Re: Blackadder. This may well have been mentioned often on the board before but the ending owes a lot to the BBC mixing engineer. They had been completely stuck for how to end it and decided on this quite poor, scenery-shifting, plant-and-earth-thrown-onto-set charge where they fall down after about five strides into barbed wire. But the mixing guy slowed it right down to two strides and added the fade to poppies blowing in a field – just because they were stuck with this crap falling down thing. Good job, fella.

Blake’s 7? Killing off the entire cast in a hail of gunfire!

:smiley:

Put me down as one of the few people who enjoyed the ending of Seinfeld. I hate the way Elaine’s blurting of “I love you!” has been edited out in syndication. Anyway, my vote is vote Mary Tyler Moore because it is a long way to Tipperary.

Other than “The Fugitive” not too many TV shows of the 1950s and 1960s had final episodes that were heavily promoted. They must not have realized the ratings potential. One that had some nice touches in it was the Perry Mason “The case of the Final Fadeout”. Author Earl Stanley Gardner appeared as a judge and several members of the production crew appeared on screen.