Best Ever Competition Rivalries - Individual

No boyfriends going to jail for assalt! :rolleyes:
This rivalry was ON ICE excellence!

Federer vs. Nadal has got to be the best individual rivalry ever. Their Wimbledon final in the dark is one of the greatest sports matches of all time and that have had other classics(including the Australian 2 years ago) that were unbelievable.

It is a great rivalry, agreed, but IMO the Evert/Navratilova is better. For the longevity and the sheer number of times they played each other (80 matches 22 times in Grand Slams). Oddly, Federer-Nadal have played 22 times

Golf: Hogan-Snead
Bowling: Weber-Anthony? At least, they are the only two bowlers I can name, aside from one or the other of them, Jr.
Ballooning: Fossett-Branson

I also remember a TV documentary about a couple of land speed record guys; Bonneville Salt flats in Utah and its post-salt-all-mined out successor course in the New Mexico desert. Interesting, but I forget their names.

Art Arfons and Craig Breedlove traded the world land speed record for a few years in the mid-60s, in the process bumping up the speed from the low 400s to over 600 miles per hour.

Since 1965 the record has only been increased 4 times. Breedlove and Arfons reset it 3 times in one week in 1964 and another 3 times in the summer of 1965.

The New Mexico desert in question, by the way, is Black Rock Desert, and it’s actually in Nevada.