Best (free) way to find old friends?

I’m just curious to know if anyone knows of any good sites/message boards specifically geared towards finding old friends.

I’m registered with Classmates.com, but consider it a complete ripoff because of the restrictions placed on free accounts. I’ve also registered to some sites specifically for military brats, but other than that I don’t know where to start. I’d like to hear from any of my old friends, but I just don’t know if there are other sites out there I could be checking. Any ideas?

Can’t help with the message board question, but I found quite a few old friends on the website of my former High School, believe it or not. They have an alumni page where you can make your email address available to others.

I’d start by finding out if your HS has one.
You’ve mentioned being a military brat, though, so I assume you’d have at least a couple to track down.

A friend of a friend has just set up a new site called Where Are You Now (www.wayn.net, there’s a New Zealand one at www.wayn.nz) which is really aimed at backpackers and so on.
The idea is that you sign up and can keep in contact with people you met on your travels, and also with people back home.
Registration is free for May.

Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Best (free) way to find old friends?

Win the lottery.

The best all-purpose, one-stop people search page I’ve ever found and used is this:

http://searchenginez.com/

Gives an exhaustive sellection of free search resources, plus a option to use more powerful pay services when the free ones hit a wall. It seems that this guy went to a LOT of trouble. God bless him.

http://www.theultimates.com/white

Also try Google

Yeah, I just put their name with quotes around it in Google. Also phone books work great if your library has books by city/state (ours does).

I used [url=

sorry.

I used this site to find an old friend from junior high.

The site www.ussearch.com has services for a fee, but you can do basic searches for free. You need the person’s name and their approximate age and it will give you their state and city. It is spookily accurate (it knows where I live, and how old I am). Then you can look the person up in the online white pages (Yahoo has some) and there you are.

I see twickster’s whowhere link is powered by ussearch.com, which is the one I mentioned.