Best Michael Jackson Song

In sort of a tribute to the late singer…

Which were your favourite songs of his with or without his brothers.

I wasn’t a huge fan of his solo stuff, but I did like

Dirty Diana, Beat It and from his Jackson 5 days, “The Love You Save.”

Bille Jean, no doubt.

jackson 5 days - I want you back (I’m playing it now)
Solo - Beat It!

Thriller, easy.

Beat It gets my vote

If I had to pick just one, I’d say “Billie Jean”, though the one-two punch of “Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough” & “Rock With You” off the Off the Wall album is pretty irresistable.

I’ll throw out a later MJ song: “Butterflies,” off of the Invincible album.

And “P.Y.T.”

Billie Jean

Thriller

Smooth Criminal

I’d have to go with “Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough” or “Wanna Be Starting Something”.

Billie Jean

“Ben” is my favorite.

I’ll vote for Billie Jean as best recording. “Song”, dunno, I’ll wait till Pat Boone or Mantovani covers them all.

Man In The Mirror, Remember The Time, You Are Not Alone are all also very good songs.

Billie Jean is my favorite.

Billie Jean is a classic. But let’s not forget Rockin’ Robin.

I was going to say Rockin Robin. Man, I wonder when I heard that last? Off to youtube…

Yep, Billy Jean. I was coincidentally listening to it earlier today marveling at what a great pop tune that is.

I actually still can’t get enough of one of his later songs, 1995’s Scream. The virtriol in it, and the fantastic look of the video, still captivate me.

Although, that said, Billie Jean was in my head earlier today. “Be careful what you do, or a lie becomes the truth.”

Billie Jean
Startin’ somethin
Smoothe Criminal
And I LOVED ‘They Don’t Really Care About Us’.

ETA: Not cause I believe that they don’t really care about us. I mean, I don’t think they do…but you know what I mean. I mean, I just like the song.

This is one where I can’t pick. I love so many. Right now I’m watching the video for Smooth Criminal and realizing that the song is an earworm for me at least once a week, so I’d probably choose it. It’s so infectious.