Best movie "comeuppance" scenes (Spoilers)

Which, of course, brings to mind the reverse-comeuppance from Billy Madison. “Man, am I glad I called that guy.”

“A History of Violence” is practically one comeuppance scene after another, with ridiculously bloody, over-the-top carnage in each one. Yeah, the movie clearly blurs the line between hero and villian, but, hey, who’s gonna root against Aragorn?

Not to mention “O’Doyle rules!” Those guys definately had it coming.

Celie’s curse on Mister in The Color Purple.

That was in Superman II. Frankly, it struck me as a bit petty on Supes’ part.

Superman is a more likeable character when he’s occassionally a dick.

Hell, you’re going to pick that over the comeuppence of the real villians (has anyone mentioned it was really Superman II :smiley: )? Where they have him on his knees kneeling before them…only to have him crush the main villian’s hand, and have them realize they were the one’s made, er, un-super. Definiate “Oh shit” moment.

The very end of “Dangerous Liaisons” when Glenn Close wipes her makeup off after the incident at the opera. Great scene.

Speaking of Bruce Dern, his death in The Cowboys has to rank pretty high on this list.

Yeah, great scene, but isn’t it the thug who counts?

My favorite is The Scarlet Pimpernel with Leslie Howard. He walks away from his firing squad execution and casually addresses his enemy:

“I never would have dreamt of depriving you of your moment of triumph. Alas, a moment was all I could spare.”

Priceless.

Ditto for the Warden in Shawshank–though I’ll add Boggs finding the captain waiting in his cell.

The Count of Monte Cristo had at least two really good ones. (“You didn’t think I’d make it that easy, did you?” :smiley: )

Gladiator—Commodus getting it.

Star Trek III—"I…have had…enough of you!"

:smiley:

Now why would you say that?

Put me down for a talky one. The scene in the bar in Good Will Hunting where Will takes down the smug student.

OMG, YES!!! Because a Southern girl with any sense of decency would do just that before doing the rest!

Maybe not the same league as other movies mentioned here, but the come-uppance ending in Dodgeball was great.

I’ve always been partial to the fate of the rapists in Titus. Ah, savory revenge.

David Carradine’s character in Kill Bill.

Lucy Liu’s character in Kill Bill.

Darry Hanna’s character in Kill Bill

Viveca Fox’s character in Kill Bill.

Every other character in Kill Bill (parts 1&2 counting as one).

Reverend Parris in The Crucible- left penniless by his niece and terrified to go outside his house. I actually find this more viscerally satisfying that an ass kicking that would have left him in pain for a month but then had no real lasting effects- it’s how I’d want my enemies to end up rather than just with temporary pain and swelling.

Speaking of, the real Al Swearengen (who inspired the character in Deadwood but was very different and actually far nastier in real life) made as great a fortune as his TV counterpart but died a feeble and penniless hobo after business reversals, the death of the gold rush, embezzlement by flunkies, etc., took his money and health and age denied him the ability to recoup it. Deadwood ends this year and I’m curious if they’re going to incorporate that (though I’d much prefer to see the fictional Cy Tolliver [who from what I’ve read is actually more like the real Al Swearengen] end up bankrupt and begging on the street).

The TV series Hustle has a lot of satisfying endings. The one from the episode where they steal the crown jewels (or attempt to, anyway) had me laughing out loud.

How about Benny’s demise in The Mummy?