Best movie "comeuppance" scenes (Spoilers)

I always though that what Aaron gets was more appropriate. I actually thought the death of the Queen of the Goth’s sons was relatively merciful, considering the bloodthirstiness of the rest of the play.

…way back in the golden age of the mini-series, there was a brilliant mini called Chiefs. It was the story of three generations of Police Chiefs, and their hunt for a serial killer. At the start of the third episode, Tyler Watts (Billy Dee Williams) is pulled over by one of the local sherrif deputies. The deputy smashes Watts tail light, and then arrests Watts for resisting arrest. As Watts is led through the police station, he is subjected to a few taunts from some of the other deputies in the station. One of the officers pulls out Watt’s wallet, and as he flicks through it, he is hit with a sudden realization.

Police Chief Watts then proceeds to kick butt for the rest of the episode…

Well, he wasn’t being Supes when he did it, or when he was beat up. He was humiliated as Clark, and he administered rough justice as Clark (and paid for the damages out of his own pocket). Except in scale, it was little different from what he did to the Phantom Zoners–exacting just vengeance on bullies.

Yep. Actually, he shot him in the mouth while he was counting.

Lethal Weapon the fight scene with Gary Busey and Mel Gibson. I thought that was a lovely in-your-face-come-uppence for Busey.

Sigourney Weaver in Working Girl.

In a flip-side role as good guy, Rutger in Wanted: Dead or Alive has captured terrorist Gene Simmons and has a grenade crammed in his mouth. He’s supposed to get some major bonus for bringing Simmons in alive, but since Simmons has been so disreputable all through the movie

Rutger just says, “Fuck the bonus” and pulls the pin. Splatter ensues.

Catharsis.

In a less bloody comeuppance, it’s hard to beat the Robert Shaw outcome in The Sting.

In parallel to Glen Close’s final scene in Dangerous Liasons, the conclusion of
Cruel Intentions in which Sarah Michelle Gellar is destroyed while giving the eulogy for step-brother Ryan Phillippe.

Absolutely. I never get tired of watching that scene. The music adds that extra element to it to get your heart pumping. The first whisper, then Inigo collapsing against the table as a wave of faintness comes over him, then the strings whipping up as he regains his strength and goes after Ruger.

Question…he was stabbed in the stomach, yet at the end of the movie, he seems well enough to jump out a window and consider a new career of piracy. Aren’t stomach wounds very serious?

Plus, we have to give him a pass for breaking the guy’s bones by standing there while the assailant throws the first punch.

Tombstone. When Wyatt Earp sees a man beating a horse viciously with a whip, he takes the whip away from him and gives the guy a good belt across the face. “Hurts, doesn’t it?”

The end of Léon (or the Professional) when Léon, after almost sneaking out of the SWAT filled apartment building, get’s shot by the psychotic, corrupt DEA agent Stansfield. As Stansfield leans down to savor Léon’s death throes, Léon puts something in his hand and whispers that it’s “from Mathilda.” Stansfield opens his hand to see a grenade pin, looks at the several grenades hooked on Léon’s SWAT team uniform, gets out a last “oh shit”, and then gets his!

The Wrath of Kahn:

“Here it comes.”

Khan’s was pretty good too, from his point of view.

Very sensible of him.

Pulp Fiction: Butch escapes from Zed’s basement, and is on his way out of the shop when he realises he can’t leave Marsellus like that. He tests and rejects a variety of weapons before selecting the samurai sword, and goes all Toshiro Mifune on their arses. And then, “Step aside, Butch.” Marsellus Wallace gets some payback, with the promise of worse payback to come: even more satisfying because we can only imagine what his pipe-hitting n*****s are going to do with their pliers and blowtorches…

They’re gonna get medieval on his hillbilly ass.

PULP FICTION TRIVIA: Using your VCR and advancing it frame by frame, if you slo-oo-oo-ow down the part where Marsellius Wallace shoots off Zed’s dick, you can actually see his manchunk flying off.

Which one, “buried alive”, or “From hell’s heart I spit my last breath at thee!”?

Johnny Depp’s character in Once Upon A Time in Mexico was brutal and corrupt, but I still felt sorry for him after he got his eyes drilled right out of his head on Barillo’s orders. Yeesh!

Madeleine Kahn?